Kontakt Player 5 problem

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

This is an old problem for me, but I'm tired of dealing with it and hope to find a solution.

I am using Kontakt Player 5 (version 5.0.1.5371) with Pop, Rock Strings in standalone mode. In order for Pop, Rock Strings to not come up in demo mode, I have to go into my system preferences, select the processor, and turn off CPU2.

This is running on a . . .

2010 MacBook Pro
OSX 10.6.8
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB of memory

The sound library is installed on an external 7500 RPM Firewire 800 drive, but Kontakt Player is installed on the internal hard drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Hmm.. .. Never heard of this happening. Does it happen with any other NI libraries?

[quote="KirkHunter"]Hmm.. .. Never heard of this happening. Does it happen with any other NI libraries?[/quote]

Hi Kirk,

I don't have any other NI libraries, so I don't know, but I solved the problem by re-authorizing the library. I have no idea why this worked, but I'm glad it did.

The strings sound great, by the way!

Thanks for the quick reply,
Tom

tdm wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:Hmm.. .. Never heard of this happening. Does it happen with any other NI libraries?
Hi Kirk,

I don't have any other NI libraries, so I don't know, but I solved the problem by re-authorizing the library. I have no idea why this worked, but I'm glad it did.

Tom
Glad you got it sorted out, because I have never heard of having to shut down a core before!

[quote="KirkHunter"][quote="tdm"][quote="KirkHunter"]Hmm.. .. Never heard of this happening. Does it happen with any other NI libraries?[/quote]

Hi Kirk,

Tom[/quote]

Glad you got it sorted out, because I have never heard of having to shut down a core before![/quote]

Yeah, well, you probably never had to deal with an idiot like me before, either.

:^)

Thanks again.

Tom

tdm wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:
tdm wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:Hmm.. .. Never heard of this happening. Does it happen with any other NI libraries?
Hi Kirk,

Tom
Glad you got it sorted out, because I have never heard of having to shut down a core before!
Yeah, well, you probably never had to deal with an idiot like me before, either.

:^)

Thanks again.

Tom
Thanks, tdm

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”