TVEC 3 Flute Vibrato?

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just purchased Diamond and I love it. I have an issue with the TVEC 3 flute though. Certain pitches seem to have a "wild" vibrato. I've disabled Mod Molto Vib and tried everything else I could think of, but when a moderate amount of velocity is used some notes are just inundated with vibrato.

The base Flute instruments (non-TVEC) seem much better. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave
What turns me on about the digital age ... it used to be that if you wanted to make a record of a song, you needed a studio and a producer. Now, you need a laptop.
Bono
My SoundCloud

dranck wrote:Just purchased Diamond and I love it. I have an issue with the TVEC 3 flute though. Certain pitches seem to have a "wild" vibrato. I've disabled Mod Molto Vib and tried everything else I could think of, but when a moderate amount of velocity is used some notes are just inundated with vibrato.

Thanks,

Dave
Hi Dave. I'll look into that today.

dranck wrote:Just purchased Diamond and I love it. I have an issue with the TVEC 3 flute though. Certain pitches seem to have a "wild" vibrato. I've disabled Mod Molto Vib and tried everything else I could think of, but when a moderate amount of velocity is used some notes are just inundated with vibrato.

Thanks,

Dave
I checked, and I can't get a different amount of vibrato on velocity. Just volume change. The amount of vibrato with this particular flute is "baked in". That means it's in the sample. In the near future, I am most likely going to do some "Spotlight" woodwinds where you can control the vibrato easily!

I think there is definitely something amiss with 10_flute_instruments, Diamond Flute Solo.nki. I happened to be doing a conversion from old Diamond to TVEC3.1 and noticed my flute passage was pretty unpleasant. I could swear I heard an english horn or oboe blending in.

I popped open the edit window and began auditioning notes across velocity. While there is a range of "good" to "not so good", one can really hear the issue on the note (on Kontakt keyboard) C4. There are two distinct notes overlaid there in the top velocity range that are revealed through round robin. You can even hear it on lower velocites there. To me ear it's quite a clash - it sounds like an organ almost.

So it's back to 81_flutes for now (for me).

I'll check that out. Could be there was a sacrifice for getting the round robin.

I have the same problem. It seems like it is using the wrong samples. The vibrato can't be turned off like the other patches and it sounds like it's using the duo patches instead of the solo patches.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”