Spotlight

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now the group buy is over, is there a thread specicifically for advice and feedback on Spotlight Strings?

I agree. I have been looking for new projects using Spotlight to see what others are doing.

Kirk, I know you dont want opinions etc on the forum, according to the rules listed but I certainly dont know where else we can do it. Maybe we could share info here and post our work, or you could set up a place for us elsewhere. I really think we need it.

Chibear agrees with me. I happen to know he is working on a wonderful track we should all hear when finished. And I just discovered this wonderful track just revoiced with SS soloists.

Take a listen. https://soundcloud.com/msetten/empty-days

Please let us know how to proceed to share our experience with Spotlight. Or tell us where you would like us to set something up.

Palestrina7
palestrina7
DELL PC master, DELL PC slave (8-core, 16Gb ram 2TB hard drives)
Libraries: KHS CS2 & CBrass2, VSL, Cinematic Strings, Proj Sam, Garritan, Spotlight Solo Strings, Embertone Strings, Sampletekk Pianos, etc
DP8, Kontakt5, Finale and Sibelius

Here is a brand new track featuring Concert Strings 2 and Spotlight Strings from Clyde.
If anybody has doubts about Kirk Hunter strings, this will set the record straight.

http://soundcloud.com/clyde-lindman/romanze

Bravo, Clyde!
palestrina7
DELL PC master, DELL PC slave (8-core, 16Gb ram 2TB hard drives)
Libraries: KHS CS2 & CBrass2, VSL, Cinematic Strings, Proj Sam, Garritan, Spotlight Solo Strings, Embertone Strings, Sampletekk Pianos, etc
DP8, Kontakt5, Finale and Sibelius

Changing the subject here, I have both Kontakt 4 & 5 full versions and Concert Strings 2 and Spotlight Strings.

I have made my settings the same in both K4 & K5.
When I load Concert Strings 2 into K4 there's no problems, but when I load Spotlight Strings into K5, there are some cracks & pops.

My knowledge to date says that's most likely dropout/buffer related, but I'd really like not to adjust my buffer settings in my interface, as absolutely everything else I have is groovin' along just fine @256 and has been for years.

Is there something that I can change in Spotlight Strings instead?

Or maybe something in K5 like the DFD handling slider? Maybe the number of cores.

I'd really like to try this new library out, but so far it's unusable for me on my system.

I don't run too much in Cubase - not too many tracks or VSTs.
I also limit my instruments to 4 in any instances of Kontakt.

This is the only VST I have that does this even when it's the only instrument loaded in.

Any help would be appreciated, as I was really excited to buy these in the group buy a while ago, but have yet to be able to try out Spotlight.

Thanks Buds.

Windows 7 x64 Home, Cubase 7.5 x64, 16 G Ram, 240G SSD main drive, 120 & 64 G SSD library drives, tc electronic's SK 48 Audio Interface - Asio Buffers @256, internet-isolated computer.

The new Bertha violin sounds great. I can't wait for the rest of the new instruments. Any updates on how it's going?

On another note the two songs above sound great.

Yes, Bertha's a fine lass!
I notice she is for sale at 79S, so the full version is ready?

Bertha is indeed ready, and is free to "full" Spotlighters. She sounds closer miked and more vivid, but still with the refinement of her companions..

What I like most in Spotlight is the possibility of a gentler vibrato than I find in other libraries, even in the superb Xsample solo strings. Not forgetting a strong romantic vibrato, though.

Were did you find out about the new solo violinist Bertha? Where can I download it as I have been using Spotlight Strings for a while now (that first song embedded above called Empty Days is mine) and would love to see how Bertha sounds.

msetten,
If you can find your download page, the two new files may be there;
otherwise, mail Kirk studios.

...and there is a Bertha thread here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5706050

IMO Bertha is a fine addition to SSS. However in working with the (now 5) solo violins I've found that they are so vastly different that they are not interchangeable. For instance I stuck Bertha into the violin solos in Romanze (posted by Russsell above) which I wrote with Wolfgang and the results were not as good as the original. I would have to go back and redo all the vibrato and CC11 settings to make it work. So what Kirk has given us is not only 5 different instruments but 5 different personalities to write for....cool :D
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

jimusic wrote:Changing the subject here, I have both Kontakt 4 & 5 full versions and Concert Strings 2 and Spotlight Strings.

When I load Concert Strings 2 into K4 there's no problems, but when I load Spotlight Strings into K5, there are some cracks & pops.

My knowledge to date says that's most likely dropout/buffer related, but I'd really like not to adjust my buffer settings in my interface, as absolutely everything else I have is groovin' along just fine @256 and has been for years.

Or maybe something in K5 like the DFD handling slider? Maybe the number of cores.

I'd really like to try this new library out, but so far it's unusable for me on my system.

This is the only VST I have that does this even when it's the only instrument loaded in.

Any help would be appreciated, as I was really excited to buy these in the group buy a while ago, but have yet to be able to try out Spotlight.

Thanks Buds.

Windows 7 x64 Home, Cubase 7.5 x64, 16 G Ram, 240G SSD main drive, 120 & 64 G SSD library drives, tc electronic's SK 48 Audio Interface - Asio Buffers @256, internet-isolated computer.
Shameless bump.

I'd really like to use this library. I've yet to.
Shame to buy something and then not use it - even at a sale price. :(

jimusic wrote:Changing the subject here, I have both Kontakt 4 & 5 full versions and Concert Strings 2 and Spotlight Strings.

Thanks Buds.

What is your system? I know that Macs have had some big issues with K5. Also, Spotlight is indeed a "hungry" plug where cpu is concerned.

Vardaro wrote:msetten,
If you can find your download page, the two new files may be there;
otherwise, mail Kirk studios.
My download page isn't showing anything to download. I'll send Kirk an email.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”