Spotlight Strings is missing graphics, and needs me to locate its samples every time

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please excuse the dumb questions, but I'm new to Spotlight Strings and KH stuff in general, and pretty new to Kontakt too.

I bought Spotlight Strings on sale, followed the install instructions, and the folder structure is a described in the installation readme. I've tried loading instruments by navigating through Kontakt's File view to the instruments_all folder and opening one of the four nki files there, or by dropping those files into the Quick Launch area and opening them from there.

Either way, there are two fundamental problems:

- The GUI I see in Kontakt looks nothing like the pictures on the KH site; see screenshot here. It's like it can't find the images the GUI is made from.

- Every time I start Kontakt and load a spotlight instrument, it doesn't know where its samples are. I tell it, and they load up fine, and I can use the feature to remember the search criteria and path for this session, but it forgets everything when I restart Kontakt.

What am I doing wrong here?

One more question: The only doc I found locally is the install readme. It'd be really helpful to have the doc-like pages on the KH site locally for reference, at least at first. Are they only web pages on the site, or is there a downloadable version? (I know browsers can save them locally, just wondering if that's really what we're expected to do.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

No ideas? I assume this is working correctly for everyone else, or there'd be other folks asking about it.

What could possibly be wrong if the files got extracted into the obvious directories, the ones described in the install doc?

If it matters, I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, and Kontakt 5.1.37, Spotlight version I downloaded this week.

Works for me - Windows 7 x64, Kontakt 5.3.0.6464 and a very recent spotlight download *shrug*.

I just extracted all the downloaded files into a new directory, and it worked.

Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it.

How exactly are you opening Spotlight instruments?

In Kontakt, under Files, I go to my install directory (e:\komplete\Kirk Hunter Spotlight Strings) and then to Instruments_all, and finally into 1_spotlight_strings_violins_instruments and open the spotlight_strings_violins.nki for example.

No idea if that's *how* I should be doing things, but it works :D

Sorted, pilot error on my part, of course.

By reflex, I had told 7-Zip to 'Extract all to /', and the result was that each file got unzipped into a folder named after the zip file name, creating an extra directory layer, for example /instruments_all/instruments_all/{content}. I should have told it to 'Exact all here'.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”