Which stuff in Diamond is Emerald?

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Diamond, Concert Strings2, ConcertBrass2 and the new solo strings. Once upon a time I started out with Emerald and I know that somewhere in Diamond is the original Emerald stuff under a different name. which stuff is Emerald in the current Diamond?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Snooping around a little the other day I think it comes down to these points, maybe Kirk can confirm:

1 - Under Diamond, there are Symphonic and Chamber Instruments (and samples) which are the ones that made up Emerald to begin with.

2 - At the top level of Diamond are also TVEC3 and TVEC4 instruments. TVEC3 and TVEC4 do not use any of the original samples from Emerald, those of Symphonic and Chamber. TVEC3 and TVEC4 are primarily based on Concert (and Studio?) samples, and probably sound more like Ruby. yes?

3 - Within each of the Symphonic and Chamber instruments folders are TVEC non-TVEC instruments. Both versions of the instruments use the original Emerald samples, but the original Emerald instrument programming is only found in the non-TVEC instrument folders, which have VSPro progamming that was pre-TVEC.

So in a nutshell, I can probably get close to the "Emerald sound" by using TVEC version of Symphonic and Chamber instruments (with easier programming) or I can use the actual original non-TVEC Emerald instruments, however those are not nearly as easy to work with.

Kirk?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

I just took advantage of the sale to buy Diamond for 75 dollars. That way, I can have smaller memory load while keeping that Kirk sound !

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”