Concert Strings 3

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Downloaded the CS3 demo, and I already have a question:

I can select or deselect the various sections of the 12 player ensemble (12, 8, 6 or 4 players), but I can't deselect any of the Soloists at the same time. In other words, can I select only the Ensemble Chairs or have only a subset (e.g., players 5, 7 9 and 11) playing? Is this a feature only of the demo version, or will this also be a feature of the final version?

Steve

skallman wrote:Downloaded the CS3 demo, and I already have a question:

I can select or deselect the various sections of the 12 player ensemble (12, 8, 6 or 4 players), but I can't deselect any of the Soloists at the same time. In other words, can I select only the Ensemble Chairs or have only a subset (e.g., players 5, 7 9 and 11) playing? Is this a feature only of the demo version, or will this also be a feature of the final version?

Steve
The feature you are asking about will only be available in the Edition 5 version. And even then, you won't be able to isolate the Ensemble unless 4 or more chairs are engaged.

I know that you wrote the the violins might be ready 1st of January. Any chance to make them available in the "old" year to avoid the coming addition of VAT for us europeans? That´s 20% added for one day of waiting :-(

That is horrible. I keep reading about VAT everywhere I have purchased something in the past couple of days. Is that a new tax in Europe?
Bizzy Bizzy Bomb

Not a new tax, i think the new thing is that other country are now forced to apply european VAT for customers living in the EU.
They never have enough of our money !

Kirk,

1) My computer can barely cope with Spotlight, and so for the time being I shall only need the Light version. Are there any special LS conditions for Previous Customers (Jan 2014 Group Buy)?

2) If (when!) I upgrade my PC, will there be a LS to FS path?

3) If I buy FS staight away, does it include a LS .nki?

4) Just to be annoying, any hope of Spotlight Woodwind?

Vardaro wrote:Kirk,

1) My computer can barely cope with Spotlight, and so for the time being I shall only need the Light version. Are there any special LS conditions for Previous Customers (Jan 2014 Group Buy)?
Yes, when all the editions and versions are complete, there will be upgrade paths for all.

2) If (when!) I upgrade my PC, will there be a LS to FS path?
Yes, as always.

3) If I buy FS staight away, does it include a LS .nki?
Yes, all FS versions include the LS versions as well.

4) Just to be annoying, any hope of Spotlight Woodwind?
Stay tuned. More likely woodwinds based on Concert Strings 3 technology.

FYI, it is more the CPU load that is so high on Spotlight, that is, unless you're talking about memory load issues.

Hi Kirk,

I'm wanting to dive right in, especially after reading 'FS version also includes LS'

For those of us demo contest winners, who also own lots of your other stuff, and who have left our winnings on account at Kirk Hunter Studios, can we apply any or all of the money on account to this intro in addition to the published discounts and loyalty discounts, or are the winnings applied to only the retail price?? Could you please advise on how to proceed?

Stay tuned. More likely woodwinds based on Concert Strings 3 technology.
YAY!!!!!!!! :party:
Last edited by chibear on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

chibear wrote:Hi Kirk,

I'm wanting to dive right in, especially after reading 'FS version also includes LS'

For those of us demo contest winners, who also own lots of your other stuff, and who have left our winnings on account at Kirk Hunter Studios, can we apply any or all of the money on account to this intro in addition to the published discounts and loyalty discounts, or are the winnings applied to only the retail price?? Could you please advise on how to proceed?
Yes, you can apply your winnings to a certain degree. PM me for more information on that or email me at muzkguy@gmail.com

when you say "woodwinds library based on Concert Strings 3 technology", do you mean in terms of ensemble handling, or you mean actual, solo woodwinds on par with Spotlight Strings in terms of realism and playability? (i assume since Concert Strings 3 LS is based on sounds from Spotlight Strings, it can do everything Spotlight Strings can do and thus basically replaces it)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:when you say "woodwinds library based on Concert Strings 3 technology", do you mean in terms of ensemble handling, or you mean actual, solo woodwinds on par with Spotlight Strings in terms of realism and playability?
Yes. Both ensemble handling AND solo playability.
(i assume since Concert Strings 3 LS is based on sounds from Spotlight Strings, it can do everything Spotlight Strings can do and thus basically replaces it)
Pretty much. The solo vibrato presets do not occur in CS3, and the "Jamboree" feature is also not included. However, they may be added to CS3 later.

my condolences to my bank account then...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Hi everyone,

First some questions about CS3:
* the KVR forum announce for CS3 was about a full string section (Violins 1&2, Violas, Celli, Basses), but the website only refers to CS3 Violins. So the question is about the current sale: is it limitted to the Violins section or for the full string section
* Have anyone any idea on the required system power that will be needed for CS3 FS (CPU/RAM/SSD) ?

Second, a question about CW3 ("Concert Winds 3") that has been unofficially anounced here: any approximative idea on when it might be released ?

Thanks in advance,
Thibault

lemeur wrote:Hi everyone,

First some questions about CS3:
* the KVR forum announce for CS3 was about a full string section (Violins 1&2, Violas, Celli, Basses), but the website only refers to CS3 Violins. So the question is about the current sale: is it limitted to the Violins section or for the full string section
* Have anyone any idea on the required system power that will be needed for CS3 FS (CPU/RAM/SSD) ?

Second, a question about CW3 ("Concert Winds 3") that has been unofficially anounced here: any approximative idea on when it might be released ?

Thanks in advance,
Thibault
The sale is for the ENTIRE string section (1st, 2nd violins, violas, cellos, basses). As the library is completed, they new download files will be made available to those who purchase now. You can try out a free demo to see if your system can handle it at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/signup ... _trial.php

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for this very quick (2 minutes) answer: Maybe you should update the CS3 page on your website because, for now, it only describes the "Violins" intrument.

I've downloaded the Trial version, thanks, but I think this is the LS instrument for violins1. If the FS version is about 70GB of samples for the full string section, then CS3-FS plus some other orchestral libraires (CB2, and Winds from Diamond for instance), will need a computer with a lot of RAM (maybe more than 16GB)... this is why I'm asking about the system requirements for the FS version.

I also understand that CS3-FS is not released yet, but even with a development version, would it be possible to post an audio demo produced with CS3-LS and the same produced with CS3-FS, just to compare the sound ? I think it would help end-users decide what library is the best for them and if they need to upgrade their old 8GB-computer (oups... okay okay it's only _my_ problem ;-) )

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”