Solo Strings clicks

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought the solo strings 2 to redo some string quartets and was impressed enough to go for CS2 until...
In both Notion and LogicX, the articulation keyswitches produce clicks in other playing tracks even with each instrument on its own midi channel.
The computer is a Core2 duo iMac at 3.06 GHz with 8GB RAM. The drive has no trouble even full Vienna libraries. I get the same result on a 6-core 3.33 GHz Mac pro with 24GB RAM.
This can't be normal. What am I missing?

Are samples, OS, and DAW on separate physical drives? Is sample drive 7200rpm or faster?
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Problem mostly solved. The Kontakt running in the 6-core mac pro had its preferences set for 2 cores. I changed it to 4 an there is still the very occasional click but it's mostly clean. I guess the specs are right: you can't run KirkHunter stuff on less than 4 cores.

Ha! never looked to see how Kontakt was using my cores. On inspection it's using all 12. Next time I run a tune with Spotlight I'll open up Task Manager and see how much of that is actually being accessed.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

I've noticed clicks that correspond to the keyswitching while using the diamond orchestra. I've found that increasing my buffer size significantly reduces or eliminates this.

Not sure if a similar solution would apply for the sporlight strings or not.

I also get clicks switching articlations with the TVec 3/4 instruments.

Bloody annoying, :-(

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”