Acoustic Guitar - 'Keyboard mode' not working properly

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use a keyboard MIDI controller.

The sustain pedal works as it should in Guitar mode. Press and hold the sustain pedal and the note sustains. Release the sustain pedal and the note stops.

This is not the case in Keyboard mode. When I release the sustain pedal, the note holds and does not stop. It makes playing a realistic performance in Keyboard mode impossible.

Why is this happening?

Specs:
Cubase 5.5.3
Kontakt 5.0.3

Anyone?

I really would like to use this product in Keyboard mode but can't. I cannot figure out why the sustain pedal is not working properly only in this mode, only with this product.

Is this IE forum for praise or help?

I want to use keyboard mode. WHY DOES SUSTAIN NOT CUT OFF IN KEYBOARD MODE? It works like it should in Guitar Mode.

Can anyone with this product play in Keyboard mode using a sustain pedal and tell me if it works as it should, with sustain cutting off when the sustain pedal is released?

Indeed susteyn pedal does not work in Keyboard mode. In this mode does not work Gliss and other opportunities. It's normal. This mode only for test.
Most likely this mode will be removed completely with update.

To get immediate support please write from website directly!

Efimoff wrote:Indeed susteyn pedal does not work in Keyboard mode. In this mode does not work Gliss and other opportunities. It's normal. This mode only for test.

Please do not remove the keyboard mode. I'm definitely going to be purchasing soon but I have heard if you want to use Ilya Efimov together with the strumming engine of musiclabs real guitar (midi out) then IE software must be in "keyboard mode".

Therefore please do NOT remove this functionality.

Thanks!!

Efimoff wrote:Indeed susteyn pedal does not work in Keyboard mode. In this mode does not work Gliss and other opportunities. It's normal. This mode only for test.

Thank you for the reply. Now I know that everything is fine on my end.

I wish that Keyboard Mode could be fixed (not removed) with an update. As a keyboardist, sometimes I simply want to play without the Guitar Mode position changes and fingering restrictions. If I only wanted to play in Guitar Mode then I would learn to play the guitar. In my opinion any keyboardist would like to have that option.

I really love your products (I own LP Bundle, Acoustic Guitar Bundle, and Modern Bass) but wish Keyboard Mode worked properly with both Acoustic and LP Guitars.

We will try to make an update soon, which sustain pedal will operate in Keyboard mode ;)

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”