Strum engine: chord recognition fubar in sequencer

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a problem with Acoustic Guitar Strum (AGS) as a virtual instrument in Samplitude.

I have set up Pattern mode in AGS, and I am driving it from MIDI note data in a Samplitude track. The MIDI data is simple G major, C major, etc triads.

When I stop and then restart playback in Samplitude, AGS plays odd (extended) chords, such as Cm +7(9)/B, Cm/B, etc. It appears that AGS has some "memory" of recent MIDI data, which it is including in the chord recognition algorithm.

I have tried changing the length of notes driving the Strum, but it does not help.

Is there some way to make AGS perform a reset, so that chord recognition operates correctly?

The problem occurs if stopping/starting the sequencer when a MIDI note is in progress.

I can work around this by making sure the sequencer is always restarted at a time where there is no active MIDI note.

Somewhat inconvenient to have to do this manually for MIDI data. And in effect invites bouncing down to audio at the earliest possible (or sooner: real-time input, lol). Fortunately this VSTi is so good at what it does, tweaking MIDI drive data should mostly be pretty simple. Also, patterns can be worked on outside of the sequencer anyway.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”