Can't lower volume of noises in Nylon Guitar 1.1

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First, thanks for such an amazing-sounding instrument. Well done!

I'd like to lower the volume of the noises in my current project. I've read every relevant page in the manual, and it seems straightforward -- but even when I turn all of the noise knobs down, the noises continue to play. I don't know if I'm missing something, or if this is a bug.

I don't have problems with any other plug-ins or VIs, so far (and I have many, many of them).

I'm in Digital Performer 8.05, using Kontakt 5.3.0.6464.

UPDATE: I think I just realized what's happening:

The noises I'm hearing are occurring during slides, so the noises are probably a part of the samples. Of course I fully understand that noises occur naturally during a slide. But in this case, they're quite loud, and I was hoping I could simply reduce their level by maybe 30-40%. Since such amazing detail is provided for control of the various noises, it's not automatically apparent to the user that certain articulations contain noises that will always play at full volume, no matter what noise-related settings have been modified.

If what I'm describing is correct, you might consider adding a special note -- to the section in the manual regarding noises -- explaining that certain articulations (like slides) contain noises that are not affected by the settings. That would help to prevent the confusion I experienced.

I'm leaving my post intact for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”