How to perform the glissando articulation

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I've been interested in the ilya efimov production sound libraries for probably a year now. Finally, I got myself some cash saved up and managed to purchase a some of the libraries. I already have the fretless bass downloaded and set up. I am trying to figure out how to use the glissando, when using a pro tools instrument track to play the vsti. I know this requires key switching, but im used to OTsample's and Prominy's traditional method where you just overlap the notes, and adjust a CC automation controller under the track wherever necessary. I do not know how to use the key switching with the pro tools daw.

For the ilya efimov fretless bass.nkr user interface, under options > Key switch, I notice there is the choice gliss up / down (A#0 34), or FX Glissando (G#0 32). I tried using the pro tools grid & the midi controller Play and hold down these notes for the keyswitching, but it doesn't activate any glissando. I have read the mannual carefully several times. Is there something I haven't tried? or something im overlooking? Any advice? thanks

Hi Vince Myatt,

When you use note overlapping you get a hammer-on or pull-off legato articulations.
To get the glissando
1. Play and hold the first note on your MIDI keyboard
2. Press and hold the key GLISANDO (A#0)
3. Play a target note.
Please note, a glissando can only be played on a single string.

If you do not hear a glissando
while holding the GlissKey it means that the target (following) note of your glissando is impossible on that string, Glissando speed depends on the velocity of the target note toward which the glissando is headed. The lower the velocity value is, the slower the speed.

The target note can sound in two ways.
1. If you would like to hear a target note with an active attack (as if the guitarist picked the string after glissando was over) – release the starting note of glissando before it is over.
2. If you would like to hear a target note without any attack (as if the guitarist did not play with his right hand) – hold the starting note of glissando until it is reaches the target note.
The volume of glissando depends on the volume of the staring note and is depends on how long the starting note lasts before glissando starts.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”