Kirnu - Cream Pre-Release

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VitaminD wrote:
RexXx wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Question though: On Cream can we increase or decrease the GUI size? If not, are you working on that?
Same question:
Is Cream's GUI scalable or comes it with different sized skins?
Yes, Inquiring minds want to know. :hihi:
It doesn't seem to be at the moment, from all the things I've tried.

Its working in 32bit studio one 2.5 on a mac ML but when selecting a preset from the browser list it crashes.

koalaboy wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
RexXx wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Question though: On Cream can we increase or decrease the GUI size? If not, are you working on that?
Same question:
Is Cream's GUI scalable or comes it with different sized skins?
Yes, Inquiring minds want to know. :hihi:
It doesn't seem to be at the moment, from all the things I've tried.

Oh that is a little sad... Maybe in the future... shouldn't be terribly hard to at least introduce a 200% scaled option.

Thanks for trying and sharing that information! :)

Hi all.
The GUI isn't scalable but the chord memory and pattern sequencer section can be hidden.

There are couple of bugs reported, preset problems, octaves with one note and we will provide fix for them in the next release.

Thanks for your interest and bug reports. They are appreciated.

-Arto

eigens wrote:Its working in 32bit studio one 2.5 on a mac ML but when selecting a preset from the browser list it crashes.
Which preset are you trying to load when Cream crashes?
Is transport playing while you do this?
Does this happen every time i.e how reproducible this bug is?

Just bought it. I love it so far.

One feature request: as far as I understand, when a (global) scale is enabled, the "transpose" modifier interprets the value as number of steps "within" the scale instead of semi-tones. In Kirnu, the values are still semi-tones but the actual note snaps to the nearest note of the scale. Can we get this behavior back? Maybe as an option? It's now very difficult e.g. to load a preset that uses offsets and "force" it into a specific scale .
Last edited by paterpeter on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirnu wrote:Hi all.
The GUI isn't scalable but the chord memory and pattern sequencer section can be hidden.

There are couple of bugs reported, preset problems, octaves with one note and we will provide fix for them in the next release.

Thanks for your interest and bug reports. They are appreciated.

I don't want the GUI smaller but larger. Any effort to see larger modes available in the future?

Kirnu wrote:
eigens wrote:Its working in 32bit studio one 2.5 on a mac ML but when selecting a preset from the browser list it crashes.
Which preset are you trying to load when Cream crashes?
Is transport playing while you do this?
Does this happen every time i.e how reproducible this bug is?
Well, at least it works with Mac, even if the presets crash it. If you want a sure fire way to reproduce a much bigger problem, try Studio One 2.5 on Windows. There it doesn't even load at all. I am assuming something in the VST isn't communicating properly with Studio One, and what is most likely crashing it on his Mac is probably related, albeit what I am experiencing is worse.

P.S. I also like the idea of having the sequencer stick to intervals in a scale/key like what I think the above poster was getting at, although this might already be the case and we just don't know all the in-and-out's of this thing, I for one can't tell, because it doesn't work at all :(. Tie that feature in with a randomize option and this thing could be amazing.

Hey guys, I just figured out how to solve the problem I was having in Studio One, and thought I'd share it here for anyone that might have the same issues. Basically, I had to run Studio One in administrator mode. For some oddball reason, out of the 100's of VST's I have, this one requires that Studio One be run as an admin in order to see it. Once I got it running, the first thing I did was try out a few presets to see if I can reproduce eigens's problem on my Windows setup, but the presets seem to all load up fine. If Mac has a way to grant Studio One extra permissions (e.i. the equivalent of "Run as Admin") I suggest giving that a try to see if it fixes the preset issue.

My system: Windows 8 x64, Reaper x64 4.33pre4, Studio One Professional 2.5, i7 2600k, 16GB RAM, Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2)

Reaper crashes frequently when I edit the step sequencers. In Studio One, the notes are played very unevenly, ie. timing is off. I'll see what I can do about this, because Kirnu has the same issues. Maybe it's a S1 thing.

paterpeter wrote:My system: Windows 8 x64, Reaper x64 4.33pre4, Studio One Professional 2.5, i7 2600k, 16GB RAM, Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2)

Reaper crashes frequently when I edit the step sequencers. In Studio One, the notes are played very unevenly, ie. timing is off. I'll see what I can do about this, because Kirnu has the same issues. Maybe it's a S1 thing.
Uh oh, I just posted how I was able to get it working, haven't actually played any notes with Kirnu yet, I will see if I can replicate the issue...I am hoping it isn't a Studio One thing, or at least something that can't be easily fixed since its my DAW of choice.

Arto, can you please let us know when the intro price expires??

paterpeter wrote:My system: Windows 8 x64, Reaper x64 4.33pre4, Studio One Professional 2.5, i7 2600k, 16GB RAM, Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2)

Your right, I loaded a Synth, and first tried the default setup on Cream, which is 16th's throughout. It played and would often sort of stumble a bit, felt as if it had a lot of Swing applied to it, even though the Swing knob is set to 0%. Might not be related to that at all, could be a latency thing for all I know, or something between Cream and Studio One, I for one am happy to at least get the thing working, but a very strange bug indeed.

P.S. I do realize this is still a beta, so I am not too concerned. I am hoping the final release will address a lot of the tiny bugs, just hoping the S1 woe's are part of them.
Last edited by Edward_Martin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was just using 32bit version of Cream,... could you try the 32bit version, even in x64 Reaper?

I tried the x86 version in Reaper x64, using the built-in bit bridge.

No crashes so far. But I noticed that when I arm a track with Cream on it the output becomes uneven (like in Studio One) and I even get pops and crackles in the audio. This gets even worse when I record arm more than one track with Cream on it.

Return to “Kirnu”