Kirnu - Cream pre-release 2

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Cream pre-release version 2 is now available. Please report any bugs you find and we'll fix them.

Release Notes (Beta 2):

New stuff:

- New: Cream presets are now compressed so old user presets are now obsolete.
In this version Cream tries to convert user presets with old format to new one.
Cream will delete the old files after conversion so please copy your presets to another place if you want to make sure they are save in case of conversion error.
This feature will be removed in the next release so only this version will perform the conversion.

- New: Controls are now visible to the host so they can be automated.
- New: Updated Mac installer so preset paths require no more admin rights. Users without admin privileges didn't have access to write to these folders. The registration or preset saving was not possible.
- New: Updated Windows installer to include separate data path selection.
- New: Swing only moves every second note start point. It does not move the whole note.
- New: Order and Chord mem sections have now new look which is same as seq mode has
- New: Steps obey now mouse wheel. Pressing ctrl speeds up the wheel. This is useful when step has big values for example from -100 to 100

Fixes

- Fixed: Preset loading bug with presets including line feed
- Fixed: Bug where Track was not bypassed even if it was deactivated.
- Fixed: When MIDI channel 16 is selected Cream crashes
- Fixed: - in the Order sequencer, prev does *not* play the previous note if the previous step was e.g. "1st". same as -> ORDER tab has no effect (just OFF works)
- Fixed: Menu problems in Ohm Studio, Studio One
- Fixed: Divide a note by 2... if that step is a chord it plays 2 notes, not 2 chords
- Fixed: Octaves knob has no effect when playing a single note!
- Fixed: Copy paste step are bug causes Cream to crash
- Fixed: Copy to all steps bug

- Kirnu Dev Team

Where can we get it? I bought Cream but haven't received the update yet, probably I'm just too impatient?

when will BUY or TRY become reality??

cis-didge wrote:when will BUY or TRY become reality??
You mean when demo versions will be available.
After we have fixed all major bug in the current version. Shouldn't take too long.

-Arto

manducator wrote:Where can we get it? I bought Cream but haven't received the update yet, probably I'm just too impatient?
Yes, you probably are. Use the download link in your original registration email.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

When I set cc lane 1 to a value of 1, it still shows 1 for the other lanes 2-8... If I select CC lane 2, then change the 1 to another value it reads that value, but then I go back to CC lane 1 and it should say 1 not the value I set for lane 2...

Also, if I set the cc value to 127 for one step and the following step is at default, that step will play at 127 as well. So you cannot have a value of 0

pdxindy wrote:When I set cc lane 1 to a value of 1, it still shows 1 for the other lanes 2-8... If I select CC lane 2, then change the 1 to another value it reads that value, but then I go back to CC lane 1 and it should say 1 not the value I set for lane 2...

Also, if I set the cc value to 127 for one step and the following step is at default, that step will play at 127 as well. So you cannot have a value of 0
I'll take a look into these issues.

Thanks,
-Arto

Looks great the octave knob works!

2 issues with the ccs
the first is like the above post you can set cc lanes 1-8 to output different ccs and it works but once done the cc on the right hand side remains at the last selected value so as you choose the cc1-8 tabs to prehaps edit is does not change to tell you what cc that each one is set to.

Also possible bug the list of available ccs is missing not just cc1 but lots of numbers 126.123.120.118,115,112 etc prehaps theres a reason but no cc1 is strange I can select cc0 2 3 5 6 8 10 but not 1 4 7 9......

win xp reaper 32 bit

Anyway Im sure creams going to be great
:)

kontakt1968 wrote: Also possible bug the list of available ccs is missing not just cc1 but lots of numbers 126.123.120.118,115,112 etc prehaps theres a reason but no cc1 is strange I can select cc0 2 3 5 6 8 10 but not 1 4 7 9......

win xp reaper 32 bit
Please hold SHIFT while dragging your mouse, then you have more control and you can select e.g. 1, 4, 7 and of course all other cc's =)

PepeLopez wrote:
kontakt1968 wrote: Also possible bug the list of available ccs is missing not just cc1 but lots of numbers 126.123.120.118,115,112 etc prehaps theres a reason but no cc1 is strange I can select cc0 2 3 5 6 8 10 but not 1 4 7 9......

win xp reaper 32 bit
Please hold SHIFT while dragging your mouse, then you have more control and you can select e.g. 1, 4, 7 and of course all other cc's =)
Would be much easier if you simply could select the cc number from a menu.

firepile wrote: Please hold SHIFT while dragging your mouse, then you have more control and you can select e.g. 1, 4, 7 and of course all other cc's =)
Would be much easier if you simply could select the cc number from a menu.[/quote]

Or doubleclick and then enter a value via keyboard. I guess it'll come in the next version!

Just responding from the the other thread. Yes when I use shift then I can select 1 as a cc value

Spitfire31 wrote:Use the download link in your original registration email.
Oh ,I didn't know that worked. Thanks!

Im still not seeing 'Chrd' as an option in the Order section

Yes to confirm that shift does allow selection of all the ccs it works!

Maybe being able to type the cc number into the box maybe better
and
if when you click on cc1-8 in the patterns pane the cc box changed to show which cc was assigned that would be great with a default of 0 if nothings been assigned yet otherwise there is no way to tell what cc1-8 controls.

I too do not see chord as an option in the order section
otherwise looks like great progress!

Return to “Kirnu”