Kirnu - Cream pre-release 2

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ezelkow1 wrote:Im still not seeing 'Chrd' as an option in the Order section
Thats because it's not there anymore. You can use the SEQ section to produce chords.

-Arto

Kirnu wrote:
Thats because it's not there anymore. You can use the SEQ section to produce chords.

-Arto
Ok, just wanted to bring it up since its still in the manual

Future feature request:

a new lane for Flam control for chords so the chords can strum

THe new grid for chord does not show the value when the mouse is hovering over the area like before

In Seq lane, each selected box has a number and same for order... for Chord Memory, once I get up past like the fifth one, it gets harder to tell which is selected. If I want to select the 9th chord, then I find myself having to look up at the status bar to confirm... so I'm not sure if this is an improvement over the bar from beta 1. It is a little easier to select now, but a little harder to know what I am selecting

Kirnu wrote:

-Arto
i think i like it the other way? anyway, what i want is to produce the input chord at any point in the arpeggiation note order.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

wait..i think i get it now..SEQ has boxes for selecting how many notes of the chord will be sounded at each step?

nexussynth wrote:wait..i think i get it now..SEQ has boxes for selecting how many notes of the chord will be sounded at each step?

exactly...

nexussynth wrote:wait..i think i get it now..SEQ has boxes for selecting how many notes of the chord will be sounded at each step?
Yes that's correct.
Number one (the lowest box) represents the lowest note currently on the notelist/chord.

-Arto

i am very much enjoying this plugin. so far it is the best arpeggiator yet..and i have them all.

this version is also more stable in energyXT 1.41 than the previous.

nexussynth wrote:i am very much enjoying this plugin. so far it is the best arpeggiator yet..and i have them all.

this version is also more stable in energyXT 1.41 than the previous.
Thanks man. It's very nice to hear you like Cream because at this point the only feedback we get is bug reports and feature requests :)

We try to make Cream 'The Arp' and I'm sure we are already very close to that goal.

Have a nice weekend,
-Arto

Cream or Cream64 both crash ableton 9 beta 64-bit or 32-bit, live 8.2.4, and reaper when I scan the VST plugins

I went into the VST folder in MacHD/Library/Audio/Plugins and I created a "disabled VST" folder and moved all of the VST plugins except for Cream and Cream64 into it. This should have disabled all VST plugins except for those two. Ableton 9 beta and Ableton 8.2.4 still crash upon scanning it. I downloaded Reaper, and it crashed as well upon scanning the plug - so something is definitely hoarqued up somewhere... The fact that two different DAWs crash when loading it seems to point to a more fundamental problem somewhere...

I'm running 10.8.2

I would be happy to provide a stack trace or run an instrumented version of the plugin if it would be helpful to the developers to track down what might be going wrong.

giftculture wrote:Cream or Cream64 both crash ableton 9 beta 64-bit or 32-bit, live 8.2.4, and reaper when I scan the VST plugins

I went into the VST folder in MacHD/Library/Audio/Plugins and I created a "disabled VST" folder and moved all of the VST plugins except for Cream and Cream64 into it. This should have disabled all VST plugins except for those two. Ableton 9 beta and Ableton 8.2.4 still crash upon scanning it. I downloaded Reaper, and it crashed as well upon scanning the plug - so something is definitely hoarqued up somewhere... The fact that two different DAWs crash when loading it seems to point to a more fundamental problem somewhere...

I'm running 10.8.2

I would be happy to provide a stack trace or run an instrumented version of the plugin if it would be helpful to the developers to track down what might be going wrong.
Which Cream version are you using? I hope prerelease version 1 because it had problems with access rights to data folder.
If you are using version 2 please send the crash log to us and we'll investigate the problem.

-Arto

giftculture wrote:Cream or Cream64 both crash ableton 9 beta 64-bit or 32-bit, live 8.2.4, and reaper when I scan the VST plugins
(...) Ableton 8.2.4 still crash upon scanning it. I downloaded Reaper, and it crashed as well upon scanning the plug - so something is definitely hoarqued up somewhere... (...)
Well, then I'd say it's a local problem. First, Live9 is still closed beta and we can't provide support for that, BUT we're in contact with Ableton so we'll have a look into v9 next week (I hope).

Arto and me are using Reaper as first choice daw when testing, so I can assure Cream has no general problem while scanning vst folder or using Cream. You can also see that all Cream related videos are made with Reaper, either on WIn or OSX. However, we're using 10.7.5 and I have no problems. Maybe it's a 10.8 related problems... does anyone else has problems with Cream on OSX 10.8.x and Live/Reaper?

Kirnu wrote:

I'm running 10.8.2

Which Cream version are you using? I hope prerelease version 1 because it had problems with access rights to data folder.
If you are using version 2 please send the crash log to us and we'll investigate the problem.

-Arto
I registered yesterday or the day before and downloaded the version that was linked in my registration email. However, it appears according to the info window to be version 1.0.0. Is it possible that my registration email had a stale link?

PepeLopez wrote:
(...) Ableton 8.2.4 still crash upon scanning it. I downloaded Reaper, and it crashed as well upon scanning the plug - so something is definitely hoarqued up somewhere... (...)
Well, then I'd say it's a local problem. First, Live9 is still closed beta and we can't provide support for that, BUT we're in contact with Ableton so we'll have a look into v9 next week (I hope).

Arto and me are using Reaper as first choice daw when testing, so I can assure Cream has no general problem while scanning vst folder or using Cream. You can also see that all Cream related videos are made with Reaper, either on WIn or OSX. However, we're using 10.7.5 and I have no problems. Maybe it's a 10.8 related problems... does anyone else has problems with Cream on OSX 10.8.x and Live/Reaper?
I understand about not supporting Live 9 - I'm also having issues in Live 8 and Reaper.

I registered yesterday or the day before and downloaded using the links provided in the email, but the version number according to cmd-i is 1.0.0 - I'm hoping that maybe the link in the email was stale or that I somehow got the older version of the plugin - Arto mentioned that v 1.0 had issues with access rights...

Return to “Kirnu”