Please also Drag&Drop of MIDI, it is really handy!

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic

Who likes this idea?

I like it and it is really useful!
86%
I dont need it
14%

Total votes: 28

RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I record MIDI from Kirnu, the latency makes the sequence delayed. Quantisation is not possible with complex sequences and turning down my latency is a lot of work(flow destroyment. So look at Thesys, there is a MIDI drag&drop functionality into the host. A nice and handy function!

Why?
-No routing, just a FAST Drag&Drop to every MIDI track you want!
-No latency adjustments and problems with slower computers
-nice workflow improvements

If many people like this idea, it gets very likely that the developer will impledment it! So please rate my poll!
Last edited by crazyfiltertweaker on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yes drag and drop will be ace.. Also 'groove lock'.. :wink:

and the possibility to set the lenght of the midi file which is dragged&dropped as example 2 bars.

Michael1985 wrote:If I record MIDI from Kirnu, the latency makes the sequence delayed
Sounds like you're doing something wrong (or maybe your host is not playing nice). If Cream plays in time when used as a plugin then you should be able to record the MIDI output of cream and still be in time - regardless of latency.

I wouldn't mind "drag & drop" in Cream but I'd prefer bug fixes and many other enhancements first.

Every MIDI device has latency. And Kirnu is nothing more than a software MIDI device. Fast arpeggios are not in time and this is a problem because quantization destroys the fine groove and swing feel and the humanized offsets. This is no matter of hosts, it is the matter of cpu and because most of us use not the fastest machines available and many tracks, we must use a higher latency. And latency causes ALWAYS a delay of MIDI and Audio. Sure, I can lower the latency during recording Kirnu, but when I must lower it everytime I record it, I must mute CPU intensive tracks and go to preferences. During doing this, I prefer playing the arpeggios by myself, adding in the piaono roll groove and it is faster than this long technical way.

But if you can drag&drop MIDI, latency is no more matter. Also drag&drop chords from the chord memory would be awsome!

P.S.: Could you tell me which bugs are still there which he should fix? I dont see bigger ones...

Michael1985 wrote:Every MIDI device has latency. And Kirnu is nothing more than a software MIDI device. Fast arpeggios are not in time and this is a problem because quantization destroys the fine groove and swing feel and the humanized offsets.
Who said anything about quantizing? If Cream plays fine as a plugin (generating MIDI itself) then recording it's MIDI output means it will play exactly the same! No need to do anything else especially quantize.
Michael1985 wrote:This is no matter of hosts, it is the matter of cpu...
Umm, actually it is the host. A good host will have PDC (plugin delay compensation) that way you can run whatever latency you need and it'll adjust.
Michael1985 wrote:Could you tell me which bugs are still there which he should fix? I dont see bigger ones...
Well squashing this bug would be a good start.

+1000 on Midi Drag-drop.

Especially now, when there is a serious bug in Logic Pro X with Cream, not instantiating the "From Cream" node on the physical input object in Logic's Environment.
(ok, it instantiates when re-validating Cream, but that's is seriously very annoying)

Just my 2 cents.

Vanhaze
Rob van Hees

i would like to see this feature implemented even though some bugs remain in Cream. the plug in is stable enough to use effectively now and so i don't feel it is too soon to ask for a feature like this. and that's my two cents.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Some details:

there is a step sequencer, which can do midi drag&drop, named thesys from sugar bytes. but it is no arpeggiator.

Also for the chord memory the drag&drop feature would be nice! yes, this would be really nice! There should be a setting to choose the lenght of the chord iif it is dragged and dropped!

n0rd wrote:
Michael1985 wrote:If I record MIDI from Kirnu, the latency makes the sequence delayed
Sounds like you're doing something wrong (or maybe your host is not playing nice). If Cream plays in time when used as a plugin then you should be able to record the MIDI output of cream and still be in time - regardless of latency.

I wouldn't mind "drag & drop" in Cream but I'd prefer bug fixes and many other enhancements first.
No I recorded with Kirnu and I must quantisize the notes to use different stuff.

Drag & drop midi would be great for those of us that use Sonar as it has never implemented midi vst as well as Cubase, for example. this way one could just drop in the midi tracks or a complete midi file and then work on it in Sonar. Again i say please implement this function! Cream is great!

Exactly my opinion! But not only for sonar user nice! And great additional idea to drag&drop to cream and not just only from it!

just found out that new version of Consequence has ability to capture to a midi file. Hope Cream gets this feature!

yes and also thesys, but both are no real arpeggiators like kirnu cream.

+1 for the drag and drop to host feature.

Return to “Kirnu”