How do I stop Cream from sending bank changes?

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time I try to use one of Cream's presets, it keeps sending bank changes, making it totally useless in combination with Sylenth1.

Sylenth1 has 4 sound banks, but after I selected a preset in Cream, it will always automatically jump to bank 1 when I play a note.

I tested this in Live 9 and in Reaper, both with the same behavior. As long as I don't touch the presets in Cream, everything works as it should and I can use any sound from any bank in Sylenth1. But after selecting one of Cream's presets, Sylenth1 keeps jumping to bank 1. Only way to stop this behavior after that is to restart Cream (unload then reload the plugin).

I'm using Cream 1.08 which I just purchased, so I guess I have the latest version.

Is there any way to stop this behavior? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure, that you have something weird in your setup!
I'm using Reaper as well and I never had such a behaviour.

However, "Bank select" is placed on "midi cc 0". In Reaper, just place the "midi filter" plugin between Cream and the soft synth and pass everything but midi cc 0 - the problem should disappear then. If not, you're doomed :)

Anyway - nobody reported such a behaviour yet, please check your setup! I guess that maybe a controller is sending someting, or the midi clip you're using has a bank select message in it or whatever. It's hard to guess...

We will cross check it anyway! :)

Return to “Kirnu”