use as random arpeggiator

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Excuse me for the newbie question, but I am, well, a complete newbie in VST and general computer music.

Can I simply use Kirnu as a random arpeggiator? I mean, feed it with chords via a keyboard and let it play just the first, third or fifth of the triad I'm playing at random?

That's all I need. Can I get it easily or is there a more suitable program around for this very specific and limited need?

Thanks!

Tarrasque wrote:Excuse me for the newbie question, but I am, well, a complete newbie in VST and general computer music.

Can I simply use Kirnu as a random arpeggiator? I mean, feed it with chords via a keyboard and let it play just the first, third or fifth of the triad I'm playing at random?
Use the Random option on the Order tab.

From the manual: Rnd - Arp plays the random note from the note list.

Tarrasque wrote:Excuse me for the newbie question, but I am, well, a complete newbie in VST and general computer music.

That's all I need. Can I get it easily or is there a more suitable program around for this very specific and limited need?

Thanks!
If that is all you need, then a simpler arp would be easier. What host are you using? Live's built-in arp for example does that and it has a couple options: Random and Random Other. Random Other plays a random note, but never the same note twice in a row. It is a nice option. Your host may have an arp as well.

That said, it is easy enough to do in Kirnu as well.

i would buy Cream, even to use as a simple arp. that way you can read the manual and grow into it. you may find that it will eventually give you extreme musical results you didnt think you would do with just a simple arp.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Return to “Kirnu”