Ceam sending bank changes to arturia synths

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love the plugin, just bought it

Unfortunately it causes the v collection synths to change their banks/presets in Ableton 9. Ive tried it with NI synths and theres no problem but each of the Arturia synths encounter the same thing. I noticed that someone mentioned it did it to sylenth, could you reproduce or solve this fault?

Yeah I had this issue with Sylenth1. As long as I didn't touch any of the presets in Cream, all was working well. But as soon as I selected a preset, Sylenth1 switched to its first sound bank. And after that there was no way to switch Sylenth back to the correct sound bank, as Cream kept on changing it back.

I'm using this Max for Live device as a workaround: MiDi FiLTER
Just disable program changes in it, it also filters the bank changes.

thanks, will check that out once I get cream working again

Record the output and look at it in list view...

Curious if there are some program change messages in there.

Or something else is happening?
Sunny SoCal

You can send Midi CCs with Cream, and maybe you got that one which changes the banks/presets? Mhhh... can't reproduce the problem just with that info. Best option as mentioned above: record the output and look which data is sent.

cant reproduce the problem either now as my PC doesnt see Kirnu in any DAW :(

That's strange, but here's the basic walkthrough to get it back working (worked every time for me):

* Uninstall Cream
* Check in directories for files, delete everything but your own presets (save them in another directory!)
* Open all DAWs and rebuilt VST database (if applicable) or "Full rescan VST directory"
* Close DAW, maybe restart computer
* Fresh install with latest Cream installer (use link in your mail!) in a DIFFERENT firectory (just to be sure it's "fresh")
* Open DAW, rescan VST directory if necessary
* Should work now again - if not, you may have a (serious) problem with (filesystem) rights! Check that!
EDIT: * Don't forget to move your own presets "back" in the new directory!

thanks, Ill give it a shot...maybe theres a folder Im missing somewhere

Return to “Kirnu”