Cream fails validation in Bitwig

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cream fails validation in Bitwig

Cream v1.0.8 and Bitwig 1.0.3 - OS X 10.9.2

Yes initially it wasn't accessible (perhaps bitwig scans vsts slowly in background), but later it appeared (win7 32 bit), however Cream didn't sinc with bitwig - arpeggiation didn't started, maybe I need to check that one more time or maybe midi plugins are not supported in Bitwig yet. Bitwig has many limitations as it just appeared as version 1.

I checked once more - Cream arp works in Bitwig windows. It just takes about a half a minute while it loads and opens for the first time after inserted. Next time it opens quickly. Of course, no multitrack midi output supported from plugin nor midi routing possible in Bitwig. Just works as Bitwig standard midi plugin.

Cream still fails validation for me... that is with the new 1.1 version...

What kind of validation scheme BitWig uses? AuVal?
Does it support VST plugins?

This seems weird because Logic validated Cream fine and it's one picky software when validation is concerned.

-Arto

Works fine in Windows 8.1 x64 both Cream 32 and 64 Bit using Bitwig Studio 1.0.6RC1
Did you try to rescan the plugin in Preferences->Plugins->Show Errors->Rescan in the list.
If a plugin got blacklisted in a previous version, you need to rescan it manually.

(Bitwig is VST only ATM).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Works fine in Windows 8.1 x64 both Cream 32 and 64 Bit using Bitwig Studio 1.0.6RC1
Did you try to rescan the plugin in Preferences->Plugins->Show Errors->Rescan in the list.
If a plugin got blacklisted in a previous version, you need to rescan it manually.

(Bitwig is VST only ATM).

Cheers,

Tom
I try rescan with each new bitwig update. Cream 1.1 still fails validation (after rescan) in the latest Bitwig 1.0.6

OSX 10.9.2

Sent mail to Bitwig support.

-Arto

I can concur as well. This is the error I get with Cream64 VST on Bitwig 1.0.6 on OSX 10.9.2

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
64 bit plugin host reported errors: No metadata found in process output

32 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code 255
Error messages:

2014-04-11 20:39:40.184 Bitwig Plug-in Host 32[731:507] Error loading //Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst/Contents/MacOS/Kirnu-Cream64: dlopen(//Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst/Contents/MacOS/Kirnu-Cream64, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
//Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst/Contents/MacOS/Kirnu-Cream64: mach-o, but wrong architecture
2014-04-11 20:39:40.185 Bitwig Plug-in Host 32[731:507] Error loading //Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst/Contents/MacOS/Kirnu-Cream64: dlopen(//Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst/Contents/MacOS/Kirnu-Cream64, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
//Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst/Contents/MacOS/Kirnu-Cream64: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Other messages:

Printing plug-in meta data for /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst ...

Exception Thrown:Couldn't instantiate VST plug-in: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Kirnu/Kirnu-Cream64.vst
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Have already sent support info to Bitwig

Arto,

Any resolution in sight from Cream 1.1 and Bitwig? I trust you are in contact with Bitwig and also solutioning on your side with the Bitwig Demo.

I would love to use your plug in Bitwig. It still fails scanning in 1.0.7.

Thanks,

Eric

Yes, I have contacted Bitwig but unfortunately I haven't got any answer yet.

-Arto

Hello!

Is there any new info with cream and Bitwig on OSX? Does anybody know if it will work with the next update of BWS? I just bought this great tool, I'm really looking forward to use it in Bitwig with hardware synths!

All the best

Bitwig devs got a copy of Cream and investigating the problem. We can't do anything more but wait atm.

Did they get this working? I still get the same errors with Abbey Road plugins in OSX, although they work fine as AUs in Logic and Ableton Live.
AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 3750 MHz, 16 GB ram, RME Raydat, Win 10 Pro, Bitwig Studio 2.0
F5D @ Soundcloud: MFB Dominion 1 - Chariots, Prophet 12 Canada (BOC), DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet '08

Return to “Kirnu”