Unwanted pattern change

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been playing around a bit and liking the plugin.

But I've run into a problem, as the timeline goes across a certain measure it will jump to pattern 12. Somehow a midi event got put in there?

What changes patterns?

I don't have a midi event view in S1 so might have to take it into X3 to read it.

Although that would be a nice feature if I could control it.

Thanks
Sunny SoCal

Hi,

you can change the pattern via midi using the control area. It's from C0 to B1. Please have a look into the manual where it's described (almost) perfectly. However, C1 to B1 is used to change the pattern on-the-fly, so I guess something (a midi clip or incoming midi notes by a keyboard or something else) is triggering B1, so Cream switches to pattern 12.

OK, thanks,

RTFM again. Oh woa is me.

Eventually I will pound the information into my brain.

Love the arps!
Sunny SoCal

Hey, got the pattern thing going with changing patterns in time using the notes.

That's great for what I do.

Thanks
Sunny SoCal

Is there a way to prevent the notes from triggering the pattern change?

spazoo wrote:Is there a way to prevent the notes from triggering the pattern change?
Well, in fact, not really. The only way is "do not play notes lower than C2".
If you're clicking through a midi clip collection and some clips are playing notes lower than c2, I myself put a midi transpose plugin (should be available in every DAW) before cream and transpose the incoming notes +1 or +2 octaves. If the played notes are too high then, you can prevent that by setting the "root note" within cream lower.
That workaround helps me, I hope it helps you too.

Not a problem if you change the transpose.

Return to “Kirnu”