Cream/Reaper; Two issues

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I am using Cream 1.1 with the latest version of Reaper on Win 7/64 and have two issues.

First, X64 causes reaper to spin its wheels when scanning it. Thus I have to use the 32 bit version. I bought Cream a few months back but never really played with it after the initial install. I had the x64 issue back then then but put off dealing with it.

The second issue is that none of the settings save with Reaper's project file. Every time I open a project, Cream it's in it's default state.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Not sure what you mean...

You have to use the 32 bit version of Reaper or Cream, or both?

You control where they look for plugs?

Maybe the 64bit version is trying to scan the 32bit plugs...

I have the 64bit version of Studio One and only use 64bit plugs.
Sunny SoCal

Hi Tacman,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am using the 64 bit Reaper under Win 7/64. I have to use the 32 bit version of Cream with Reaper's internal bridge because when I attempt to install cream x64, when Reaper tries to scan it at startup, it just 'searches' for it endlessly. Yes, In reaper I can control where it searches and have pointed it to the right directory. Reaper 'technically' finds it as it is showing Cream x64 as the 'current' plug it is searching for/scanning/verifying. But it will never OK it. It just sits there.

Hi there,

my 2 cents to your problems:

1st: Yes, I also had the issue that Cream x64 needs long to be scanned by Reaper. Anyway, after a period of time it succeeds (for me).

2nd: I could not reproduce the problem! I used Reaper x64 and saved 2 projects - one with Cream x86 and one with Cream x64. Both projects are loaded correctly - also the changes I made within Cream.

Hi Pepe,

thanks for the effort. I very much appreciate it.

At least I know it's something in my setup. Trouble is that I can't figure out what. I just did another quick test with a simple sweep in the transpose window and saved it. Reopening the project in Reaper, it is back to default with no sweep seen. Same deal.

I'll keep looking as I really like Cream overall and hope to figure out WTF is going on. But in the meantime, it's Cthulhu/Beatstep for me I guess.

Please uninstall Cream and remove all Cream alike directories manually if necessary. Afterwards do a clean install with the latest version - you should do that with admin rights, just to be safe. Then try again.

If this won't help, please send such a project (zipped) to support [at] kirnuarp [dot] com with a short note on what's going on and your setup (and maybe a link to this thread). We'll try to figure out if Reaper won't save the parameters or Cream don't load them.

Will do.

Partial success. After my last message I did a reinstall (not a clean wipe) and I noticed that on the installer, I had the VST and the data sent to different directories (both were within the search path of reaper.) I reinstalled x64 with the two pointed to the same directory and Reaper scanned it no problem/no delay.

But There was still no saving of parameters.

I'll put together a simple project file with a track/Cream on it and save it, but it will save in a blank/default state so I assume that you can look behind the scenes at what it's doing.

Again, thank you for the help.

Return to “Kirnu”