Cream doesnt show on Windows 8 64bit (solved)

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

new install of Live 9 and Studio One and although the DAWs scan Cream it doesnt show up in the VST folder in each DAWs browser.

tried previous versions with no joy.

Worked perfectly on my previous Win 7 64bit OS.

Anyone else have this problem?
Last edited by kcearl on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

just checked and it doesnt show up in Maschine 2 either

all are latest versions, Windows is 8.1...I reckon it must be windows thats the problem.

I'm using 64bit S1 on win8.1 not having any problems.

You have the paths set to program files, not program files (x86).

I only installed the 64bit version if I remember right.
Sunny SoCal

yeah done that...even tried the previous version and still nothing

damn, I was hoping someone else would have the problem then it wouldnt just be my system

I use Cream with Ableton Live 9 64bit on Windows 8.1. I have all my plugins in a folder I call 64bit plugins. Inside that folder I have a folder for each plugin developer. So Live only searches the contents of that One folder and it's easy to check if the plugin install put the plugin dll in the right place. far better for trouble shooting plugins.

If you are using Ableton Live 64bit make sure you install the 64bit version of Cream. Make sure you install the VST 2 version as Live doesn't support VST3. Make sure you install the vst into a folder that Live has been set to scan. If you just switched operating systems did you reinstall the plugins too?

If plugins don't show up after getting the install correct.
In Live options, prefrences, file folder

hold down Alt keeping it pressed click rescan then let go.

This will force Live to do a full vst plugin scan which takes longer instead of just scanning for recent new vst. This has fixed missing plugins many times for me in Live.

Sometimes Live only works well with third party plugins when you start it in administrator mode.
Right click the Ableton Live launch icon
Click properties
Compatability
Tick, run this program as administrator.
Apply

I use cubase elements 7 on Windows 8.1 64 bit. I installed Cream from the setup an chose the 64 bit .dll . But in Cubase it doesn't show Cream. The .dll is installed in the VSTplugin folder in Steinberg folder. I wasn`t sure where to install the data so I chose the x86 program folder. Right?
Anybody a idea?

X86 is an install folder for 32bit software not sure if that causes a problem or not. Its best to let installers use their own default location for the data and better if you choose where the dll goes to make trouble shooting easier.

Kaboom75 wrote:I use Cream with Ableton Live 9 64bit on Windows 8.1. I have all my plugins in a folder I call 64bit plugins. Inside that folder I have a folder for each plugin developer. So Live only searches the contents of that One folder and it's easy to check if the plugin install put the plugin dll in the right place. far better for trouble shooting plugins.

If you are using Ableton Live 64bit make sure you install the 64bit version of Cream. Make sure you install the VST 2 version as Live doesn't support VST3. Make sure you install the vst into a folder that Live has been set to scan. If you just switched operating systems did you reinstall the plugins too?

If plugins don't show up after getting the install correct.
In Live options, prefrences, file folder

hold down Alt keeping it pressed click rescan then let go.

This will force Live to do a full vst plugin scan which takes longer instead of just scanning for recent new vst. This has fixed missing plugins many times for me in Live.

Sometimes Live only works well with third party plugins when you start it in administrator mode.
Right click the Ableton Live launch icon
Click properties
Compatability
Tick, run this program as administrator.
Apply

Ahhh of course...Alt then rescan...did the trick...nice one mate!!

Return to “Kirnu”