Pattern sequencer question

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using Ableton Live and vst version of Cream on Mac OSX 10.8.5

When I setup the pattern sequencer and turn it on Cream moves through the patterns on the gui but only the first pattern is playing the midi output notes.
The patterns change ok if I turn off the pattern sequencer and use midi notes to change the patterns in real time.

This is a great plugin one of the best software arps around! :tu:

ogunremix wrote:I am using Ableton Live and vst version of Cream on Mac OSX 10.8.5

When I setup the pattern sequencer and turn it on Cream moves through the patterns on the gui but only the first pattern is playing the midi output notes.
The patterns change ok if I turn off the pattern sequencer and use midi notes to change the patterns in real time.

This is a great plugin one of the best software arps around! :tu:
Is the problem that when using the pattern sequencer patterns are not changed or midi notes are output only from pattern 1?

-Arto

I am having a similar problem. I'm using Cream CM in Sonar X3. The pattern sequencer gui looks fine, i.e. the highlighted section moves through the sequence as expected, but the pattern never changes. It continues to play pattern 1 for as long as there is MIDI input.

With a little experimentation it turns out that the pattern specified in the first step of the pattern sequencer is selected correctly. The remaining steps do not change the pattern. So, if I start with pattern 1 I get pattern one continuously. If I start with pattern 2 I get pattern 2 continuously.

Note that this is the CM version of Cream. I don't know if the problem is limited to this version or if it exists in the full version as well.

Mike Long

Will investigate the problem...

-Arto

Maybe there's another way, but I have to click and drag that (hard to see) really thin horizontal light blue bar at the very bottom of the pattern sequencer. See those tiny grayed out numbers going from 1 to 16 at the very bottom and far right of the gui? The little blue bar is immediately above that. Click and drag that blue bar to the right and your patterns will play as you have them set up in the Pattern Sequencer. And make sure the Pattern Sequencer is clicked on, of course.

And a little bonus. Just below those tiny grayed out numbers at the very bottom far right of the gui you'll see a teeny tiny Finnish flag. Click it to learn about Finland ;)

There were some bugs in the Pattern Sequencer and they will be fixed in the next release.

-Arto

Yes I have this bug too.

I also have a bug where right clicking on a track and choosing Chord Memory crashes CreamCM/Ableton when you try and use this function.

Are these bugs present in the full version? I was still contemplating whether to upgrade.

Do you mean when right click on the track button and selection Toggle trigger CM?
That bug is fixed and was only present in the CM version.

If you like Cream I suggest to upgrade. If you find any bugs I'll fix them :)

-Arto

I can only see an option to buy the full version on your site, where is the upgrade option? ;)

Has this bug been fixed? I am running Cream v1.1.0 -- is that the latest version?

I have two patterns, the pattern sequencer is turned on, the little blue line is set to play just the two patterns, I can see the patterns cycling in the pattern sequencer BUT it's just playing my first pattern over and over again. It never goes to the second pattern.

Please help.

Thanks!

Please contact the support!

I'm using full version 1.1 and the patterns change via the sequencer perfectly fine for me.

Return to “Kirnu”