Cream and AAX Format

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any chance Cream will be released in AAX format for Pro Tools users? If not, is there a way to use it in Pro Tools?

There is always possibility for that. The only issue is if I have time for that and how much demand there is for this kind of plugin.
I think making the plugin should be easy enough but there will always be some host specific issues.
I have never used PT so learning to use it would be the first task.

If someone wants to join us and make this happen please send us email.

-Arto

Well, I don't anything about programming, so I'm not the one you want for that! As for demand...well that'd be hard to say. I suspect more than you might guess, though. When Xfer made their arpeggiator program, Cthulhu available in AAX, it became very popular immediately! And remember, PT is still the industry leader and is in more studios than any other DAW world wide. So, I'd suspect there would be a good deal of demand for it. You might contact Russ Hughes at Pro Tools Expert on that, as he is the one that knows whats going on for all things PT. He regularly reviews and does how to videos on all sorts of plugins.

By the way, I have been able to use Cream in Reaper and it is very nicely done and has excellent features. The ability to sequence other than note controls (filters, envelopes, etc)is one thing that sets this apart! Another thought would be making it a rack extension for Reason users. I suspect Reason users would love this one, too!

For what its worth, I have been able to get it to work with Pro Tools. You need Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork to host it, but it will allow you to use Cream to run arps on ANY of the AAX VI's you may have. Pretty sweet!

I'm not saying anything but ... :wink:
Cream AAX.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DonaldM75 wrote:For what its worth, I have been able to get it to work with Pro Tools. You need Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork to host it, but it will allow you to use Cream to run arps on ANY of the AAX VI's you may have. Pretty sweet!
can you please explain how to do this? i have Blue Cat and Cream but i don't know how to get it to work. Much apreaciated!

Return to “Kirnu”