Help me understand 'TRACKS' controls

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgive my ignorance please.

It is possible to select four tracks here, and each track is associated with an octave range which can be set.

I initially interpreted this this to mean that you could get Kirnu to play two different patterns at once, or even the same pattern at once but with different start points, by feeding two or more midi notes into Kirnu in the different octave ranges. But this doesn't work.

What are these four tracks for? What clever things can I do with them?

Thanks

Len

I created some free presets that use 2 tracks to simulate 2-handed piano playing.
Check it out here:
https://chardin321.wordpress.com/kirnu- ... ith-cream/

Thanks chardin.

So if I understand your video each of the four 'tracks' is actually a pattern bank with up to 12 patterns in it? Meaning that you can have 48 different patterns in each instance of Kirnu, using automation or keyswitching to move from one to the other? Looks like it.

And thanks for the free presets.

You're most welcome, Len.

Yes, each of "Coffee With Cream" presets use 2 tracks (not 4).
Each track has 12 patterns. So each preset has a lot of variation built in with 24 patterns.

Try turning tracks on and off using automation. Keyarea on/off T1 through Keyarea on/off T4.
I'm switching patterns manually with the mouse in the video.
I don't think there are automation parameters for switching patterns but I found this for switching patterns in the manual:
Kirnu Cream Manual wrote: You can change Track patterns with MIDI-keys C1-B1. Only patterns from the currently selected Track will be
changed

Patterns can be changed also with program change messages. message 0­-11 changes Track 1 patterns, 
message 12­-23 changes Track 2 patterns etc.
Please post a link to one of your songs that uses "Coffee With Cream."

Return to “Kirnu”