Juice 3 & String Machine MkII - analog emulations in Reaktor

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_izLKvy ... r_embedded

Juice 3 is an emulation of an vintage synthesizer using the Analog Legacy algorithms. Available in the UL http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/7777/.
Last edited by ZooTooK on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

demo really sound great! thank you!!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Is this one better than Monark ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:Is this one better than Monark ?
Different than...you get to decide if it's better.

"The Minimojo is not in any way a copy of MONARK. I have not used or have had access to MONARK during the making of Minimojo. Instead the old ensemble Minimood made by NI in 1999, which has then been modified by several users, has been used as the starting point. I think that the basic structure will be recognizable from that early ensemble. "

It seems that ZooTook is attempting to take it beyond the original rather than duplicate it. Downloading....Thanks!
바보

Download seems to be broken at the moment….

EDTT. Will not download in Safari like all other ensembles but did in Chrome...and it sounds fantastic!

I checked it out now...very good synth and sounds awesome and most convincing. Cons: for now useless, its CPU take is bigger then Diva in its early days, almost 90% with a single note. The Echo Effect can be taken out completely since all it does is just introduces noise to the Sound. It still sounds great for what it is.

Thanks
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Thanks for the kind words.
BasariStudios wrote:Cons: for now useless, its CPU take is bigger then Diva in its early days, almost 90% with a single note. The Echo Effect can be taken out completely since all it does is just introduces noise to the Sound.

Yes, it's CPU hog, it uses 25-30 % on one core of my 3 year old iMac. You can try decrease the sample rate to 44kHz or something while jamming but it will make it sound less shiny and then increase the rate while render to audio.

Regarding the noise from the Space Echo if you don't like it as you say just don't use it. You can switch it off by using the power switch. Try also power it up again!

The noise is part of the charm with tape delays. To remove it would be like remove the caffeine from coffee or alcohol from wine - the noise is integral to the sound. Then you can argue of how much should be added...

BasariStudios wrote:I checked it out now...very good synth and sounds awesome and most convincing. Cons: for now useless, its CPU take is bigger then Diva in its early days, almost 90% with a single note. The Echo Effect can be taken out completely since all it does is just introduces noise to the Sound. It still sounds great for what it is.

Thanks

What kind of ancient computer are you running..

Playing just fine here, far from being useless. I can use 4 instances and still plenty of room for other things. I7 2600k.

Btw Roland Echo is so good that i just had to pull it and save it as separate FX for using it on other projects. Btw Noise switch still won't disable noise completely so i edited it a bit.

Great great ensemble..

kmonkey wrote:Btw Roland Echo is so good that i just had to pull it and save it as separate FX for using it on other projects.
Funnily enough, ZooTook seems to have done the same and put that on the user library separately.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
kmonkey wrote:Btw Roland Echo is so good that i just had to pull it and save it as separate FX for using it on other projects.
Funnily enough, ZooTook seems to have done the same and put that on the user library separately.
It wasn't available at the time when i was downloading Minimojo 8)

kmonkey wrote:What kind of ancient computer are you running..
As ancient as running 13 instances of Diva in Great and Diva mode, plus other tracks and FX...and i meant no harm, i said only what i thought...nothing set on stone. And using the word useless maybe sounds Harsh but i did not mean it as USELESS when we all say about Garbage stuff, this is by NO means Garbage. What i mean by useless is i want to use it but i can't...which is a good thing, says that its a good machine.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

stanlea wrote:Is this one better than Monark ?
Define better? In terms of being an accurate emulation and/or sounding analog, no. It uses standard filter modules so you're not going to get the benefits of ZDF filters. Turn up the res and sweep, the difference is immediate. Not all sounds bring the limitations of old filter technology to the forefront, however, and so in many cases, it will sound fine.

Personally, I don't like the gui, but, hey, it's Reaktor, that's not hard to change.

YMMV

ghettosynth wrote: It uses standard filter modules so you're not going to get the benefits of ZDF filters. Turn up the res and sweep, the difference is immediate.
Correct, no ZDF algorithms are used but the standard ladder filter is spiced up and it makes a huge differens at high resonance compared to non-spiced ladder.

This looks (and sounds in the demo) very cool. I have downloaded it and will check it out later or perhaps tomorrow.

Thanks!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”