XSRDO Patchwork modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Kirsty ,very good news :D
The MW finally works,there was no need to use the patch with the VCA's to test it ,i just needed to connect the MW output to the input of the Output module to read the float value (but i did test your patch first and was ok) :hihi:

Now for my previous question about the "PAN" knob ,(in these case both of them on the Output module,sorry i was not very clear )

Is it possible to let's say have two sound sources ,with one panned to the left output and other to the right output? i wanted to create some stereo patches ,for exemple a square wave on the left output and a saw wave on the right output etc ,somekind of split signal would be needed before the effects section...i made this simple diagram to make things more clear:
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Hi Sergio

Nice to now the Mod Wheel works OK :)
I agree the F/X section still needs some work. I think I want to make a simple mixer setup but I've not
worked out all the routing yet. Using your nice picture as an example, I think something like this...
I just need to think it through before I start coding (and fix that noisy chorus).

Right now I have a Sample Player Module up and running. It's too much fun loading up *.wavs of drums, silly voices and stuff and warping the sounds through the rest of the synthesizer engine.
I also have an idea for another 'cool' feature similar to the wavetable editor :wink: so it might be a short
while until I fix up the effects section.

Kirsty

Hello Kirsty.
Can you tell me what the module below does please, nothing changes when I move any dials. I have been trying it out on the patch "Cosmos".
Thanks.
p.s
The loading of .wav files sounds interesting :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:tu: All is good

Hello Kirsty,
I like the diagram you submited,the output mixer is a great idea :)
Cant wait to try that sampler,that is just awsome :D ,I have a sugestion ,but i don't know if would be possible...but how about some external signal input (something like ms-20) so we could for eg. control the CV of the Filter or VCO ,or trigger the envelopes with our voice or instruments (Patchwork Modular FX version ?)...
A new 'cool' feature :D...just cant wait to see what's coming up :)
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

DrewDale wrote:Hello Kirsty.
Can you tell me what the module below does please, nothing changes when I move any dials. I have been trying it out on the patch "Cosmos".
Thanks.
p.s
The loading of .wav files sounds interesting :tu:
Hi Drew
The knob module outputs a voltage 0 to 10
High = 0 - 10
Medium = 0 - 1
Low = 0 - 0.1
On the cosmos patch i used it raise an oscillator pitch for the high frequency wind chimes effect.

Kirsty

Thanks for the explanation Kirsty. I am not very bright / sharp when it comes to modular synths .

Another question: Will the .wav files be also routed through the wavetable feature ?

Thanks for all your hard work on this. Respect :tu:

Kirsty.
On the output module, pan is not working for any of the presets.

Maomoondog wrote:Kirsty.
+1 Same for me too, no pan working on the output module, is this a known bug ?

Just downloaded this and had a play around. VERY nice work Kirsty. Great layout, nice filters, useful modules. Love the sequencer section too. :tu:

Maomoondog wrote:Kirsty.
DrewDale wrote:+1 Same for me too, no pan working on the output module, is this a known bug ?
Well i adressed this issue yesterday to Kirsty,it is working but not in the most conventional way,

To quote Kirsty "The 'pan' knobs on the output send the signal to the effects panel where every effect is independent stereo, but controlled by the same knobs." this means that if you send a signal panned it will go either to the left or right channel on the effects, but the output it's still mono,so you can't really stereo spread using the pan knobs.As i mentioned to her ,a split signal would be needed to seperate the effects from the final output...
Kirsty is working on this issue,she sended this diagram of some ideas:

As you can see,it will be possible in the future development to have more control how to output the final signal and a true stereo will be more easily acomplished.

Thanks Sergio :)
That routing looks better, it will be nice to see it added. At present, both pan knobs on the output don't work left or right, a stereo output will be great :clap:

DrewDale wrote:Thanks Sergio :)
That routing looks better, it will be nice to see it added. At present, both pan knobs on the output don't work left or right, a stereo output will be great :clap:
Yes they do.
As sergio explaned its the effects routing that disrupts the stereo field.
Turn off ALL effects and you can pan left and right.

Kirsty

DrewDale wrote:
Another question: Will the .wav files be also routed through the wavetable feature ?

Thanks for all your hard work on this. Respect :tu:
No.
Wav files have their own dedicated sample player module, but I have
a method to convert certain wavs into wavetables. By playing these
tables a different speeds I get an very unusual time stretching/shrinking effect.

Kirsty :)

kirsty roland wrote: Yes they do.
As sergio explaned its the effects routing that disrupts the stereo field.
Turn off ALL effects and you can pan left and right.
Kirsty
I have just turned off all effects on at least 4 presets and can confirm that the output module pan is not working. FL Studio 11.

kirsty roland wrote: "Turn off ALL effects and you can pan left and right."Kirsty
Hello Kirsty
Now i'm getting confused,maybe i understood it wrong but,the output module pan knobs only controls the effect section, disabling the FX makes the pan knobs useless ,can you draw a diagram so i can undersand the current signal flow?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”