Free Vsti s

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been busy with synthedit and you can now download a couple of free VSTi at http://www.ianweb.dial.pipex.com. It is early days for me with synthedit so please let me know how you get on with these..

All the best

Ian Webster

Thanks!
My signature kicks your signature's ass.

ian ... just checked out ocsiGATOR and its sounding VERY good for an early creation [ :D heres me sounding all authoritative and ive only released 3 beta synths myself :D ] ... certainly better than my first synthedit monster [might post that one day for a laugh ... ] ...

coupla personal opinions though [please dont take them as criticisms ... theyre not :) ] ...

... the lfo controls arent entirely obvious as to what they do
... many people prefer sliders to knobs in terms of controlling adsr envelopes

... what is VERY good is your gui ... nice and clearly laid out [but your 'note' number on the oscilator tuning controls disappears behind the control to the right when it gets to '10' and '11' ... just needs shifting left 3 or 4 pixels :wink: ]

... cheers :? rob

COOL DL'ing now.
Peace&Love Kim Olesen
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

thanx eXpeRIMentFOUR for the kind comments. I am pleased that you like the interface. SynthEdit is a FANTASTIC program but I think its nice to make the things you do look a little different from the defaults.
As far as the LFO goes I started off hoping that it would be a bit more than just an LFO and had various combinations of Oscilators frequency modulating themselves and although it made some wierd and wacky sounds I had to throttle back in order to make the thing a bit more musical. I've sort of ended up with an LFo that is trying to outgrow its boots, as it were. I will probably use it as a lesson for the next project.
I know what you mean about ADSR sliders but I was trying to keep the synth to compact dimensions so I decided on rotaries. The web page now has a version with the controls shuffled over (it annoys me that the control title tries to centre as you expand the control widthways, it makes lining up the text really tricky) and the descriptions on the LFO changed a little..
ATB

[ianW] it annoys me that the control title tries to centre as you expand the control widthways

workaround for this is to have the control title 'hardwired' into the .bmp background graphic and switch 'show title' off for that control ... then just line up the control with the title on the background ... allows for more compact gui too as youre not tied to the synthedit spacing ...

[ianW] thanx eXpeRIMentFOUR for the kind comments

no worries ... us synthedit bods needs to stick together ... you joined the new forum at http://clift.xs4all.nl/sec/html//index.php yet :?:

... cheers :? rob

You joined the new forum...
Yep already there, it looks like it could really be something good..
atb

Return to “Modular Synthesis”