Synthedit Resources Links (Jul. 18, 2012)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello world,
CK have launched 2 new pack (6&7)
watch his web page for more information.

thanks for mentioning this. always good news to see new stuff from chris. as usual, it looks like he's got some cool stuff in there too.

In a reply email i got (5-march-2007) when i asked him about it :
I will notify everyone when Pack6/7 is released - shouldn't be long now.
Cheers....Chris
The packs are not released yet.
Cya!

where is the RH supermodule????

:D :hihi: :party:

laputa_sync wrote:where is the RH supermodule????
Yea i wonder myself :D :hihi: :o :roll: :P :oops:

This is OT - sorry, there was a thread a while back but no definate answer came out, so I'll just bug you this once:

Is there a convolution module for SE? If not, is there a specific limitation in SE that prohibits convolution or is it just that nobody has gotten around to it yet? I'm mostly interested in using short Cab/Speaker IRs.

Thanks!

read the first post all module providers are listed

some new modules available from SEG download section (RG)

Hi guys
I made the same question onto the SEG forum: does anybody know anything about DADEV (Nikko's) modules? I'dlike to hear how does the CS30 filter sounds like, though this guy asks 89$ just for the filter+wavetable oscillator. Ok this ignites the question: how much is worth for a professionally crafted SE module?
This Plug In KILLS Fascists

1° EVM site seem dead from some week :( Etric if you read this...
2° Check synthedit modules web page, some new modules from RC
3° Do you know if exist other public modules not listed ?

guitarzan wrote:This is OT - sorry, there was a thread a while back but no definate answer came out, so I'll just bug you this once:

Is there a convolution module for SE? If not, is there a specific limitation in SE that prohibits convolution or is it just that nobody has gotten around to it yet? I'm mostly interested in using short Cab/Speaker IRs.

Thanks!
Currently none available publicly that I know of. I was experimenting with that with partial success, for the same purposes (speaker cabinet simulation). Direct convolution is kind of easy to do, but it turns out to be quite slow. Convolving with a 200 sample long IR takes about 2.3% CPU on my AMD2200+. For this reason, I used combination of a shorter IR to shape high frequencies, plus IIR filters to shape the low frequency response, which are much faster.

Currently I don't know if I'll release this module as public. Apart from this, I'm not aware of any other developer with a convolution module.

Are there any physic modules around? Such as plucked strings, blown flutes whatever.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

@scoofy;that sounds interesting,i always thought it would be great for making old tapedecks,speakers etc.even just as a tonal starting point.i hope you do decide to release it,if not then at least we now know it's possible. :)

scoofy wrote:
guitarzan wrote:This is OT - sorry, there was a thread a while back but no definate answer came out, so I'll just bug you this once:

Thanks!
Currently none available publicly that I know of. I was experimenting with that with partial success, for the same purposes (speaker cabinet simulation). Direct convolution is kind of easy to do, but it turns out to be quite slow. Convolving with a 200 sample long IR takes about 2.3% CPU on my AMD2200+. For this reason, I used combination of a shorter IR to shape high frequencies, plus IIR filters to shape the low frequency response, which are much faster.

Currently I don't know if I'll release this module as public. Apart from this, I'm not aware of any other developer with a convolution module.
Thanks for the reply! Like spacedad said, it would be great if you do decide to release the module - but even if not it is nice to know that it's possible to do convolution in SE. A convolution module would do a world of good for homemade guitar and bass amp sims!

Well, basically you can do almost anything in the SynthEdit SDK - there aren't many limits there. The upcoming SE will feature a new datatype DT_BLOB, which will make inter-modular connections easier for FFT/covolution modules. But you can do these already using the SDK, if you have the coding skills for that.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”