Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
rexman77
KVRist

52 posts since 10 Oct, 2010, from USA

Postby rexman77; Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:16 am

Well, I tried a pitch-shifter modules but it sounded terrible at anything about a few semitones. Also fairly CPU-hungry.

So I looked up the circuitry for a standard D-type flip-flop pulse divider and tried to build it in SE.

Not only did it fail horribly because you can't use real feedback in SE (which the circuit requires), but anything in the audible frequency range was horribly aliased and used 50% of the CPU. FOR ONE DIVIDER.

Can't use standard doubling circuits either because they require feedback as well.

Back to square-one, I guess.
The only thing we shouldn't know is what we can't do.
WOK
KVRAF

2083 posts since 24 Feb, 2004, from Germany

Postby WOK; Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:17 am

rexman77 wrote:Well, I tried a pitch-shifter modules but it sounded terrible at anything about a few semitones. Also fairly CPU-hungry.
So I looked up the circuitry for a standard D-type flip-flop pulse divider and tried to build it in SE.
Not only did it fail horribly because you can't use real feedback in SE (which the circuit requires), but anything in the audible frequency range was horribly aliased and used 50% of the CPU. FOR ONE DIVIDER.
Can't use standard doubling circuits either because they require feedback as well.
Back to square-one, I guess.

It is possible to make a flipflop with little CPU, or you use the binary counter. But anyway as you saw already you'll get heavy aliasing.
The only ways I found:
- code a special module in C (don't know enough for that)
- use a seperate container with 60 tuned OSCs for the 60 notes and route the signal with a midinote2switch construction.
ImageImage
antto
KVRAF

2495 posts since 4 Sep, 2006, from 127.0.0.1

Postby antto; Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:55 am

a flip-flop would alias like hell..
60 oscs will eat the CPU for breakfast
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.freenode.net >>> #kvr
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

12017 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:09 pm

...?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
where there is certainty, consideration is absent.
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3425 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Sat May 05, 2018 1:33 pm Re: Frequency-Divider in Synthedit ?

And today in 2018, is there a solution ?

Preferably for a development in the current 64-bit Synthedit 1.3.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Modular Synthesis