Link: Venom VB-303 VSTi (Beta release)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

joystick controlling what?
usually you'd assign the 6 knobs to 6 knobs on your midi controller

the price is zero :party:
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

mztk wrote: fantastic cables (where do you get yellow dinsync cables?)
In Europe you can get a nice palet of different color midi cables from Thomann. I've matched my synth colors with cables :lol: Red for Nord Lead, blue for Novation Nova, yellow for Waldorf Q and so on... Cool :oops:
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

haha, that IS cool... and the sort of stupid thing I would do! :hihi:
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

some kind of external input for programming/navigating could be
useful. can you get a plugin to accept pc keyboard arrow up/down,
left/right?

Greetings Antto!!!! Please give we a new beta we cant wait more, im specially becoming insane because the waiting.... and thnx 4 your hard work you do.

good things come to those who wait.

Yeah, but those who are eager get it before those who wait :P
:hug:

:) patience grows roses

impressive, both sound and gfx

think you can finish it for the Dev challenge??? :D :lol:

Man, I've been waiting for an emulator for the 303 for years that was usable...
Can't wait til it's completed.

I am trying out the beta but I get no sound. Just curious if that's my fault or a betabug

Again, Thx!

Cubase5
i7-3930k
32GB Ram

:(

i feel stupid again,
the progress has been paused yet again, due to a serious bug i discovered that is <somewhere> in the 4 fundametal functions that deal with the TB-303 format patterns internally, and i am unable to verify what the propper behaviour should be, no 303 available for testing
i'm not even sure if it's a bug or who's fault is it, it might be due to the fact that i chose to preserve the unused notes (while they are lost on the TB-303)
it has to do with editing chained patterns back and forward so it's very hard to solve with just brain power

anyway, i'll have a chance to get my tests done by the end of this year hopefully, so i can continue forward to finishing the sequencer and cleaning everything

meanwhile i am working on an idea i had from maybe a year or so, about a polysynth written as a single SE module (a module with MIDI_IN, AUDIO_OUT and many DT_FLOAT pins for params)
the other aspect of this idea was that it is inspired by digital-hardware synths (Roland JP-8000, D-50, JD-800 and similar-ish)
i decided to make this synth run on a fixed sample rate, and resample to host rate, so that i can precalculate stuff and do weird things without worrying
while i haven't done anything on Venom for the past weeks, i got this thing running already, 8 voices, 3 oscs, 3 multisegment envelopes, 2 LFOs, are already up and running, damn, i shouldn't talk so much, i'll start a new thread if i make a good progress with it

thanks for the kind words guys!

mztk: it's hard to tell when will i finish it because i want to do some parts of it properly which requires tests with the 303 (mainly the sequencer, since i got the x0xb0x for the audio-related tests)

Royal Tee: those betas are so different now, hold down a midi note and press "RANDOMIZE" to generate some pattern, i even forgot how that old sequencer worked, i rewrote it so many times ;]

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

yeah, just chuck a note in your pattern/sequencer;
this will play the selected venom pattern. each midi note
selects a different pattern.

antto: please back up your work this time! :lol:
getting a bad feeling...

what happens on the 303 when you remove a gate on? the pitch data
is lost for that step? damn that's confusing, if entry by separate
time/pitch modes...removing one trigger would bring forwards the
pitch sequence???

if you look at it another way it's much simpler

imagine 2 buffers, one holds the time data, the other notes
one time step can be either Gate, Tie or Rest
one Note contains the Note-Key, Up, Down, Accent, Slide

"which-note-goes-where" depends on the TimeBuffer
basically, on each step that there is a "Gate" - a note is taken from the note buffer
so whenever you remove a Gate (you set it to either Rest or Tie) what would happen is that the following step with Gate would take that note

if you have "GGGG" these four steps, and four notes "1234" they will be played in this same order, if you change the 2nd step to a Rest "G-GG" the notes will be played like this "1-23"

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

ok: i was wondering if that was how it worked, thanks
for confirming.
but why do chained patterns have any inter-relation?
they should be separate, no? if you drop out a gate
in pattern 1 or chain, pattern 2 would not be affected..
are you saying you'd note-kick(back/forth) through several
patterns at once, with them acting as a single sequence?
i'd be for dropping the note, like with tb303, come up
with interesting results- or have dual mode?(...more time)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”