Link: Venom VB-303 VSTi (Beta release)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah i also have a few freeware distortions that are very nice..
but an external distortion works at the sampling rate, while my synth internally works at 4x oversampling all the time, so having an internal distortion i can use this as an advantage, that's the whole point in internal distortions ;]
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Crackbaby wrote:Wow!!!!!
And an extra Wow! for the keyboard control! Will it be midi controllable as well? the programming i mean (else i think piz has a midi->querty converter)
uhm.. the sequencer buttons can be pressed two ways: clicked with the mouse (which isn't recommended) or triggered via midi Notes, on the dedicated midi channel
i mapped the buttons to exactly 2 octaves (24 notes) before i had my midi controller, so it is optimizied for QWERTY keyboard (assuming your host uses it as a virtual midi keyboard)
actually it doesn't matter whether your pc keyboard is QWERTY or other, since Venom only wants midi notes, if your Host propperly maps 2 octaves on your pc-keyboard - Venom will work
maybe watch this old video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOqnVipqbew

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

antto wrote:yeah i also have a few freeware distortions that are very nice..
but an external distortion works at the sampling rate, while my synth internally works at 4x oversampling all the time, so having an internal distortion i can use this as an advantage, that's the whole point in internal distortions ;]
I see your point. Then if you are serious to make that, please don't opt for the half-*ssed one. It's just my opinion though... :)

take care

Wow, quick reply. This is truely exciting. I'm looking forward to the next beta release, and I'll give it a test.

PS: I'm always running my entire setup at 96 Hz samplerate (so many advantages there), and I'm glad to see the VB303 handles this perfectly.

Thanks for linking the video! Seems very usable... :) Considering the coolness of that, what's the latest thought on midi out..? Im starting to have such a nice collection of VA's that begs for a sequencer a la 303. Does that beta version with midi out also work this way or is it a later addition?

Big thumbs up for internal distortion! If possible make different kinds as some acid lines are extremely overdriven with lots of high end. I want more of a mellow growly tone. As if you use the gain knob on a mackie mixingdesk :D At least my 1202VLZ had a fantastic drive that way!

Don't wear yourself out coding so hurry up and release it so you can rest :lol:
:hug:

the skin looks great!

sleek wrote:the skin looks great!
I does, but as has been posted before... i see some potential for conflicts with the firm who originally built the emulated hardware. :oops:

chk071 wrote:
sleek wrote:the skin looks great!
I does, but as has been posted before... i see some potential for conflicts with the firm who originally built the emulated hardware. :oops:
_ _ _ _ _ _ is a joke

i changed the color, got sick of that blue tint which i originally thought would look nice
also, i increased the contrast, and the panel is brighter now
and added a tiny bit of wood underneath

Crackbaby: MidiOut would probably be nice i guess, it's not a priority for now

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

antto wrote:i changed the color, got sick of that blue tint which i originally thought would look nice
also, i increased the contrast, and the panel is brighter now
and added a tiny bit of wood underneath

Crackbaby: MidiOut would probably be nice i guess, it's not a priority for now
beautiful

progress: i finished PatternPlay mode, at least it has only the features as on the 303, without anything extra (plays chains of patterns, has transpose, and there's that silly test tone..)
i wish n0nx0x had all this.. oh well

still need to fix some things on the sequencer (nothing uber-important)
i'll probably take a look at the distortion now
got some nifty ideas ;]

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Looking for it Antto.

The older one was always my favourite 303 for free.
Thanks.

Have a good day :)

lol! *stunning*!!! let 'em have it, see what they say.
fantastic cables (where do you get yellow dinsync cables?)
you'll be getting the Nobel Bassline prize for this.
(midi OUT!!!! - via cv+gate, of course...but it'll need
an accent output mod :) )

it's a MIDI cable actually (in fact, this is the cable rv0 gave me), it's DIN-5 so it doesn't matter afaik

i'll see about midi OUT.. right now there's more important things to be done (currently working on the VCA and distortion)
:D

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Hey nice skin :) Lovely and very easy on the eye

@Antto

Just curious, this may be way out in left field but has any 303 clone développer ever thought to have an Joystick/Pitch Wheel controller for a new twist on the Roland madness?

May not be practical but i just though i'd'toss it out there.

Maybe you could be the first

Love the new look again on this fine software

Whats the pricing if any?

Plasma 8)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”