[reaktor] RUHR

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks so much herw - that cyclic switch fix means RUHR now works perfect saving state in a DAW environment. Much appreciated! :D

Thank You Herwig for a wonderful ensemble that makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.

So many possibilities, such generosity - it's just dazzling.

sincerely

Christian

Just wanted to give this wonderful Reaktor ensemble, and the Modular-X framework (also downloadable for free from the Reaktor community ensembles site) a bump. Thanks Herw for your wonderful work.

This is one of those things that I have on my hard drive that I have never really spent the time learning. I really do need to start figuring it out and working with it.

version 4 will be very simple to edit
no send-receive connections
modular_x_v4.jpg
ciao herw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you close to releasing v4 yet? I haven't touched Reaktor for so long and really need to get back to it - I so need to investigate this ensemble much more than I have in the past!

no - it is a very new concept:
strikt separation of GUI and signal processing. The whole signal processing is inside of one mono corecell. Even so the modular will be 8-voice-polyphone. I have to construct my own voice management. Very new concept. All connections will be inside of the corecell.
I think a half year or more. In the meantime have fun with RUHR.

ciao herw
Last edited by herw on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OK, didn't realize you were thinking of something so new, but that sounds like an awesome concept for it!

@herw, first, thanks for the effort you have put into Modular X , its a fantastic piece of work.
I played with Modular X a bit before but eventually got frustrated with the requirement to wire things in a particular order, not only easy to make a mistake but also if you wanted to rearrange things you had to go thru it all again.
so if you have manage to get rid this in V4, I will be very keen to give it another go…
modular + reactor seems like such a 'natural combination'

creating modular synths with modular x is very simple. You will get the kick with a simple ensemble, then a bigger one will be easy.

yeah, its great and your tutorials are fantastic, its amazing that you have contributed this body of work to Reaktor community.

the only bit that caught me out, was laying them out, so that they were connected in the correct order… and I was never quite sure what would happen if I accidentally did the ordering incorrectly.

its a while ago, but I think usually I got half way thru the connecting process, realized id missed a module, so would have to delete all the connection again, and start again… this is the point i started to get frustrated.

I completely accepted you did it for very good (technical) reasons, but just found it difficult to work with.
perhaps I should go back and have a go, and perhaps start a bit smaller… perhaps I was being too ambitious.

A quick heads up - the link in your first post no longer points to the RUHR ensemble page.

ah there is a trick: f.i. you have an ensemble with 20 containers and want to change container 10: first change the container, then you can copy the send-modules from container 11..20 into temporary memory, delete them and insert the send-modules again. Then connect the wires - done.
Last edited by herw on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robojam wrote:A quick heads up - the link in your first post no longer points to the RUHR ensemble page.
ok thanks - updated link

Return to “Modular Synthesis”