[reaktor] RUHR

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

djOrloff wrote:If output for pitch connect to input of SCF, this is (in other words) key tracking of filter parameter?
If in any case pitch converted from 0..1 to 0..127, then why all on the GUI written "normalized pitch input 0..1" ?
If you want to have an common modular system you are able to connect ever output to every input.
So you have to normalize any range.
There are several possibilities:
f.i. NORD modular has a normalized range of -64..+64. So you have to transform every oscillator, LFO and ADSR output to [-64..+64].
I decided to normalize to [-1..+1] or [0..1]. So the only range i have to transform is the midi-output range to [0..1].
Filter and Oscillator modules in core have a pitch input with range [0..127] so i have to multiply again if i use midi, but connecting to ADSR or LFO or Oscillator is now very simple.
Before you are planning a modular synthesizer you have to think about normalized ranges.
Ranges of [-1..+1] or [0..1] are the best compromise i think to get full modularity.
Believe me i have thought about such trivial things two weeks ! ;) :cry:

The filter container has several modulation inputs. The tracking knob is working for the sum of all modulation inputs.

ciao herw

Sorry, I have not found an answer :oops:
Music - is my life

more and more interesting :)
herw, how to synchronize the LFO to host tempo?
Music - is my life

djOrloff wrote:more and more interesting :)
herw, how to synchronize the LFO to host tempo?
use the container clock1 (top rack) and connect the output to LFO1 input reset.
- LFO1: change button cont. to reset.
- CLOCK1: change cycl. switch int to ext.
set run button

- top of ensemble: press start

ciao herw

PS: RUHR is a relative simple modular ensemble. So i hope that most common patches can be realized.

herw,

I just ran into RUHR a couple of days ago... Thank you!!

RUHR is absolutely amazing. :shock:

8)
Peace...
bluzkat

bluzkat wrote:herw,

I just ran into RUHR a couple of days ago... Thank you!!

RUHR is absolutely amazing. :shock:

8)
yes :) (building new snaps)

ciao herw

herw wrote: The framework of modular x is very complex in its structure. As an open system it is build with the intention that you can change several containers or build your own modular synth later.
BUT be patient i will give you a manual next months. If you try by yourself you will not be succesful.
Hi herw,

Fantastic work, thanks so much. As a modular synth, it is indeed fun to use. Personally though, I tend towards much smaller subsystems, consequently, I'm very interested in any high level description of your modular x framework.

So, with respect to your post on the NI forums, I am expressing interest in a high level tutorial on building/rearranging/deleting containers. FWIW, as I imagine you agree, I think that such a tutorial need only target more experienced Reaktor users who are already comfortable with building instruments and macros.

and thanks again, you've done a really nice job!

Thanks for your interest.
I have changed a little bit the time line:
As the loading and saving time is (was!) very long i had an intensive look to the structure: the new version of RUHR (and modular X) loads in 5 seconds and saves in 17 seconds. It will be full compatible to version 1.0 so you can load your own old banks.
It was very important for me to get this optimization.

So now i have time to go forward to realize smaller and bigger ensembles. The tutorial will be ready next months. I think i will complete it in summer.

ciao herw

RUHR v2.0 is out!
very quick loading and saving in EDIT MODE (REAKTOR 5.7)

have fun - please vote :)

ciao herw

Thanks. Will try this out once I've done the update.

And againg. Ruhr is one of the best free ensembles in the UL. I really like it.

wehkah wrote:Ruhr is one of the best free ensembles in the UL.
I think its one of the best synths... period!!

I love this thing. :love:

8)
Peace...
bluzkat

testing new containers for modular x:

arrgh - why does my inserting of images always fail here?

minor update RUHR v 2.1

fixed cyclic switch issue
changed sequencer clock definition (see hints)

have fun!

herw
________

thanks for all the work!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”