Where are all the great Reaktor ensemble builders?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There don't seem to be as many original and innovative ensembles being built anymore. At one time you could pretty much guarantee something really original every month or two, but I just don't see so many great ones anymore.

I'm not saying that there aren't good ones being produced anymore, but the rate at which they appear seems to be much slower. Also, not taking away from the work that all builders have put into their ensembles, but many of the new ones are similar to one or more ensembles that have gone before.

Anyone have thoughts?

Where are all the past great Reaktor ensemble buildrs?

dea-man wrote:Where are all the past great Reaktor ensemble buildrs?
That's one question for sure. Not much from Dieter Zobel, Rachmiel, Johnathan Style, etc. these days.

I'm still new to Reaktor. Purchased in the *insane* deal period. I put around 1-2 hours into the user library, but there is enough to keep me busy for years to come. I follow boscomac. He doesn't reinvent the wheel, but most of his ensembles are very well done and I enjoy them very much. Happen to release one every 1-2 months, as far as I can tell. Martin Brinkmann's ensembles are getting loads of love here as well, but I guess that's old news to some Reaktor veterans. ;)

Oh there's plenty in there, but I've been browsing it for a few years, so to me it's the new ones that I'm interested in for the most part. It just seems to have slowed down and some of the guys who created some of my favorites are not really doing much anymore.

I think part of the problem is the best designers are not using the user library - so you have Twisted Tools, SalamanderAnagram, Michael O'Hagen, Antonio Blanca, Boscomac and several others creating their own stuff and giving it away or selling it from their own sites. This one I'm testing at the moment and it's huge and awesome, as was Aries:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... to-be-HUGE!

On the other hand some of the old designers like Rachmeil and Martin Brinkman don't seem to be posting stuff any more, although Chet Singer still is. On the other other hand some of the best designers like Mike Daliot are working full time for NI.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did you try all 3700+ ensembles in the user library already? :D
This sheer amount already might be reason enough to be tired of developing another one...   :shrug:
ImageImage

aMUSEd wrote:I think part of the problem is the best designers are not using the user library - so you have Twisted Tools, SalamanderAnagram, Michael O'Hagen, Antonio Blanca, Boscomac and several others creating their own stuff and giving it away or selling it from their own sites. This one I'm testing at the moment and it's huge and awesome, as was Aries:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... to-be-HUGE!
And in that thread I see someone commented:

"I like it because it doesn't look like typical Reaktor"

That's what I don't see too much of in the UL now, and some of those above I know that they are creating in the UL and some commercial plugs that obviously won't make it there.

WOK wrote:Did you try all 3700+ ensembles in the user library already? :D
This sheer amount already might be reason enough to be tired of developing another one...   :shrug:
I admit, I have not!

But, BY GAWD, ensembles are so much fun, and so interesting tro play with.

I just love them.

It's like getting a new "music laboratory", everytime.

WOK wrote:Did you try all 3700+ ensembles in the user library already? :D
Definitely not, but I do filter out those that I'll ignore because I'm probably not interested.

I'll check out the ones that get average to high votes and certainly any that I get recommended to me.

Once in a while I'll find an old one that I didn't know existed that I like, but at one time there were quite a few that just popped up as new ones that I almost knew I'd like before I even heard them.

Maybe the lack or real new modules since several years has stopped time investment from builders. There are so nice tools that it's getting hard to make better ATM.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Maybe that's true. Maybe it's Reaktor itself that needs to change to drive the builders to create more original stuff.

robojam wrote:Maybe that's true. Maybe it's Reaktor itself that needs to change to drive the builders to create more original stuff.
I see what you are saying, but I wouldn't place my bet here.

It's probably a combination of things. Who knows, maybe there's a ton of really good stuff in development right now and it's soon to hit the UL!

Last edited by miedex on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miedex

Return to “Modular Synthesis”