New to reaktor - How to manage presets

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I have just gotten Reaktor and tried some ensembles that sound fantastic.

For the moment I have difficulties to understand the presets management system (I may not understand well reaktor structure for the moment?) :
- is there a difference between presets for an usual vst and snapshot concept, or is it just another word for the same thing?
- if I create a new patch or modify an existing one, how can I save it in the same list as the existing ones?

Thanks in advance for the answers,
T

I've been using Reaktor for years and I still don't know for sure how the resets work. It's a dog. I just save ensembles as part of a project and they seem to all recall fine :-/

Like spirit, i save ensembles as part of a project.

If you want more about Reaktor :

http://www.reaktortips.com/

Here can you find some useful free tutorials :

http://www.nireaktor.com/category/reaktor-tutorials/

I don't save ensembles as part of projects as I want to have one working version that has all the snapshots and banks I need in the same place rather than lots of different versions all over the place at different levels of modification. The crucial thing to remember is that ensembles, instruments and macros are all patches for Reaktor so a snapshot is really a sub patch and it won't be saved unless you save the ensemble or instrument it belongs to as well. My process is to have one working version that I modify and save snapshots in in a central location that I access from a number of projects (I also use Kore to keep on top of preset management using its database).

I never use presets, they are a newer format NI came up with as a workaround for the Player version so Player users could save presets as they can't save snapshots (because they can't save edited versions of ensembles). For full Reaktor users presets are unnecessary and if anything make life harder as NI didn't really think them through. So save snapshots and then save your ensemble regularly.

You might find this tutorial helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xucVn0q0KLA
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

I use Reaktor since 1999, the days that it was not called Reaktor yet, not even Dynamo was out yet, it was called Transformator or something. I still haven't figured out how Preset Management works on this thing.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:I use Reaktor since 1999, the days that it was not called Reaktor yet, not even Dynamo was out yet, it was called Transformator or something. I still haven't figured out how Preset Management works on this thing.
Generator, maybe? Transformator was launched at the same time as Reaktor (Reaktor being Generator + Transformator).
Fernando (FMR)

Yes, it was 2 things, Generator and Transformator, then Dynamo came on. I updated to Dynamo,
then bought Reaktor 2.5 then just kept upgrading until now, 5.9. Those at the time were the MOST
unstable pieces of software that ever existed on the planet and sounded very cheesy, lol.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Yeah that whole Snapshop/Preset mess is just as bad as the samplemap thing and saving samples inside the ensemble. Would be cool to see a major overhaul/rewrite of these messy concepts.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

RTFM
I't's either a single preset format or a snapshot format, if some of you're struggling to save presets, then maybe let your mom do it, and don't forget to ask her more money on presets, so that you could spend more time loading every preset one by one by going to menu load sound, lol, because some "designers" don't even bother to provide a snapshot format, instead they spend that time on thinking up the most pathetic brain dead description of their product.
I assume most of you in this thread are presets users, because obviously you can't save your own. :idea:

Like one man said "we're all f***ed up, one way or another"

Ok, okay, he didn't say that lol, at least he made an atomic bomb, that's a one hell of a preset, you drop one and thousands are gone, no more struggles with presets :party:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67mIPR6ryA

Here's how to load a snapshot soundbank by figuring how it works you'll know how to load save your own stuff, if it's still gonna be too hard to understand, figure it out, then God may be with ya :drunk:

Right click on an image and choose "open image in new tab" or whatever for bigger picture lol
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Return to “Modular Synthesis”