Juice 3 & String Machine MkII - analog emulations in Reaktor

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor

BasariStudios wrote:Very nice sounding machine, probably the best i've heard but too bad its completely useless. Yes i know about the tricks and workarounds but its still completely useless. If this was a useful machine i would have no problem paying for it or donating.
How many percentage is the ensemble taking on you computer?
I would like to understand what's your upper limit for one single instrument. It sounds like you like to have quite many instruments going on at the same time without render to audio/freeze.
Also, which DAW are you using?
I'm not likely to spend much time to optimize this instrument but if I know the limit I could have a go...
Last edited by ZooTooK on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BasariStudios wrote:Robojam...go take your frustration somewhere else...as far as my gear goes...
try opening 20 instances of Diva on your machine...then talk to me...
If something 1 can not act as 20 Diva's...is that useful? I also clearly stated
i would PAY for it if it was useful...if you scroll and read the whole topic
you will see 95% of the people say the same thing i said...whats New?
Frustration? No, not frustration - I'm just puzzled as to why you feel the need to come here and be so rude.

Zootook, you are right, i use a lot of instruments without render, i have a powerfull machine
for that. The only time i experienced something like this was with Diva early versions, there
was a MiniMoog emulation ensemble here for Reaktor, i forgot the name of it but it was a very
good emulation and now with Strings Machine.I haven't tried it yet with more instances or VSTs.
In Reaktor Stand Alone it goes to about 50-60% but thru Cubase 6.5 goes up to 80% and in Cubase
i am talking about as it being by itself in an empty project.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

What would be your acceptable limit? E.g. how much does a Diva instance take?

I get up to 70% in Reaktor stand-alone using String Ensemble. But keep in mind that is on one core. The other cores are idling.
In any DAW all cores are available so in Reaper or Logic e.g. I get 17% at worst as I have 4 cores.
I imagine Cubase can share the load on all cores. I imagine the presentation of 80% in Cubase represent the load on one core, but you should have the other core available. It sounds like the measurement is a bit misleading.
Reaktor don't have load sharing across multi core but as explained all DAWs can.

But then Diva has load sharing as well. I think that is per voice (not sure however). So a monophonic synth is put on one core but a 4 voice synth is shared on 4 cores. So comparing the CPU load between Reaktor and Diva in your DAW is a bit tricky.
Diva is know to be a CPU hog as well, especially on divine mode so I would be interested in knowing how many 12 voice 2 oscillators Diva in divine mode instances you are able to use (which would be comparable to my Solina ensemble), comparing apples to apples?

ZooTooK wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_izLKvy ... r_embedded

Juice 3 is an emulation of an vintage synthesizer using the Analog Legacy algorithms. Available in the UL http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/7777/.
sorry , I find this verry misleading , usin the analog legacy algoritms ...? :dog:
Your just using the primar ladder stock filters , I don't see any new filter code/algo .
Yep , nice gui ...that's true
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

There's more to it than filter algorithms to emulate analog synthesis. Instability of all circuitry influency the sound a great deal. I've not seen anything in the User Library like that.

The primary ladder filters are pretty good as they are and the added filter saturation makes a huge difference. A zero delay filter would probably be the best approach but I'm not competent writing such with feedback saturation in Core.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”