Wren - modular for Windows

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:After reading this disclaimer...
Wren is not a product, but a hobby project that got out of control a bit. This software ain't good for anything and it will crash your PC too.
Why would anybody even bother downloading this thing?
Well, as long as it doesn't eat your cat, or worse, you're good to go i guess. :P

wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Just one question. Can somebody tell me if this is 32 or 64 bit? I can't find this information on the site.
Its not a plugin, and its not reliant on using lots of sample memory, so why does it matter?
Because I have a 64 bit machine and since I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I don't know if 32 bit apps will run on it. That's why I'm asking.
32 bit apps will run on 64bit systems.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Just one question. Can somebody tell me if this is 32 or 64 bit? I can't find this information on the site.
Its not a plugin, and its not reliant on using lots of sample memory, so why does it matter?
Because I have a 64 bit machine and since I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I don't know if 32 bit apps will run on it. That's why I'm asking.
He's been told that before, FWIW. He's also posted about running 32-bit plugins ('even in jBridge'). Make of that what you will.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
He's been told that before, FWIW. He's also posted about running 32-bit plugins ('even in jBridge'). Make of that what you will.
Long term memory shot.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Anyone else having trouble getting sound out of it on Windows 7? With every audio device option (including ASIO), I get a console message that says "Invalid device".

"These aren’t the software you’re looking for … You can go about your business … Move along.”

:hihi:
바보

I noticed the default sample rate was 88.2KHz which was too high for my existing soundcard settings; might that be it?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

feralsystems wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting sound out of it on Windows 7? With every audio device option (including ASIO), I get a console message that says "Invalid device".
It seems that you can't change any settings from within the synth. Try different sample rates and buffer settings from your soundcards interface then boot up the synth.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Thanks for the info and advice. I will look into the sample rate issue.

Another update is up including new modules.. http://bluehell.electro-music.com/modules/

Cheers

really great stuff here!
can we hope for a VST/i version with audio inputs to for FX processing?
:love:

feralsystems wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting sound out of it on Windows 7? With every audio device option (including ASIO), I get a console message that says "Invalid device".
Every DAW and standalone VST type product needs to be configured before you can do anything with it, so I tried doing that with Wren at first (I'm on windows 10 but anyway) and I too could not get any sound out of it.

I tried again, downloaded a new version (he updates it frequently) and simply opened it up and loaded a patch, without installing or configuring it at all. Example patches are here http://bluehell.electro-music.com/modul ... /index.php

It worked.

Try doing that: download the zip file of the new version, don't configure it at all, just turn it on and load a patch.

Please note that the first time you run Wren it takes about a minute to create its own help docs. Don't panic. It is not destroying your hard drive.

Also, it did not crash my computer, and it did not eat my cat.

You can't run it within your daw, but "start rendering" means "record," so you can still record all you want, and then take your recordings into your daw and have a party.

If you like it, send him some money. I did. I think this project is amazing, and his patches are vast and intricate, and they go on being interesting and surprising for a very long time.

It's a great synth.

I only wished it had built-in midi support. Don't like having to use that 'NetMidi' :(

I don't use netmidi. I just record audio with Start Rendering and pull the resulting file into my daw. Super easy.

exiannyc wrote:I don't use netmidi. I just record audio with Start Rendering and pull the resulting file into my daw. Super easy.
Look in the Seq Tab there is MidiPlayer you can playback midi files.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”