Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
chk071
KVRAF

16347 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:26 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

wagtunes wrote:After reading this disclaimer...

Wren is not a product, but a hobby project that got out of control a bit. This software ain't good for anything and it will crash your PC too.

Why would anybody even bother downloading this thing?

Well, as long as it doesn't eat your cat, or worse, you're good to go i guess. :P
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22606 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:36 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Just one question. Can somebody tell me if this is 32 or 64 bit? I can't find this information on the site.

Its not a plugin, and its not reliant on using lots of sample memory, so why does it matter?

Because I have a 64 bit machine and since I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I don't know if 32 bit apps will run on it. That's why I'm asking.

32 bit apps will run on 64bit systems.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25987 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:53 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Just one question. Can somebody tell me if this is 32 or 64 bit? I can't find this information on the site.

Its not a plugin, and its not reliant on using lots of sample memory, so why does it matter?

Because I have a 64 bit machine and since I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I don't know if 32 bit apps will run on it. That's why I'm asking.

He's been told that before, FWIW. He's also posted about running 32-bit plugins ('even in jBridge'). Make of that what you will.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
trimph1
KVRAF

17016 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:59 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

whyterabbyt wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

He's been told that before, FWIW. He's also posted about running 32-bit plugins ('even in jBridge'). Make of that what you will.

Long term memory shot.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing
feralsystems
KVRist

52 posts since 7 Nov, 2012, from Philadelphia

Postby feralsystems; Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:20 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

Anyone else having trouble getting sound out of it on Windows 7? With every audio device option (including ASIO), I get a console message that says "Invalid device".
bftucker
KVRian

1075 posts since 30 Apr, 2004, from Louisville, KY

Postby bftucker; Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:12 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

"These aren’t the software you’re looking for … You can go about your business … Move along.”

:hihi:
바보
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25987 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:13 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

I noticed the default sample rate was 88.2KHz which was too high for my existing soundcard settings; might that be it?
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
do_androids_dream
KVRAF

2755 posts since 26 Oct, 2007, from Kent, UK

Postby do_androids_dream; Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:45 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

feralsystems wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting sound out of it on Windows 7? With every audio device option (including ASIO), I get a console message that says "Invalid device".

It seems that you can't change any settings from within the synth. Try different sample rates and buffer settings from your soundcards interface then boot up the synth.
feralsystems
KVRist

52 posts since 7 Nov, 2012, from Philadelphia

Postby feralsystems; Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:02 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

Thanks for the info and advice. I will look into the sample rate issue.
AudioTraveler
KVRist

32 posts since 4 Apr, 2015

Postby AudioTraveler; Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:59 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

Another update is up including new modules.. http://bluehell.electro-music.com/modules/

Cheers
lalo
KVRian

1452 posts since 14 Oct, 2002

Postby lalo; Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:32 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

really great stuff here!
can we hope for a VST/i version with audio inputs to for FX processing?
:love:
exiannyc
KVRer

23 posts since 22 May, 2014

Postby exiannyc; Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:09 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

feralsystems wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting sound out of it on Windows 7? With every audio device option (including ASIO), I get a console message that says "Invalid device".

Every DAW and standalone VST type product needs to be configured before you can do anything with it, so I tried doing that with Wren at first (I'm on windows 10 but anyway) and I too could not get any sound out of it.

I tried again, downloaded a new version (he updates it frequently) and simply opened it up and loaded a patch, without installing or configuring it at all. Example patches are here http://bluehell.electro-music.com/modul ... /index.php

It worked.

Try doing that: download the zip file of the new version, don't configure it at all, just turn it on and load a patch.

Please note that the first time you run Wren it takes about a minute to create its own help docs. Don't panic. It is not destroying your hard drive.

Also, it did not crash my computer, and it did not eat my cat.

You can't run it within your daw, but "start rendering" means "record," so you can still record all you want, and then take your recordings into your daw and have a party.

If you like it, send him some money. I did. I think this project is amazing, and his patches are vast and intricate, and they go on being interesting and surprising for a very long time.
ZeePok
KVRian

877 posts since 22 Aug, 2004, from Edge City, the Low Country

Postby ZeePok; Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:45 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

It's a great synth.

I only wished it had built-in midi support. Don't like having to use that 'NetMidi' :(

exiannyc
KVRer

23 posts since 22 May, 2014

Postby exiannyc; Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:37 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

I don't use netmidi. I just record audio with Start Rendering and pull the resulting file into my daw. Super easy.
AudioTraveler
KVRist

32 posts since 4 Apr, 2015

Postby AudioTraveler; Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:50 am Re: Wren - modular for Windows

exiannyc wrote:I don't use netmidi. I just record audio with Start Rendering and pull the resulting file into my daw. Super easy.

Look in the Seq Tab there is MidiPlayer you can playback midi files.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Modular Synthesis