Reaktor doesn't report latency to Reaper ?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like Reaper's automatic PDC feature. On a track you always see the total latency reported by the plugins used. But when I add Reaktor, load Molekular in it and take one of the FFT modules, no latency gets reported to Reaper. The latency is shown in Molekular itself, but in Reaper nothing gets added.
Is this a known problem or did I miss something ?
Thanks

It's a known problem. I read people discuss about it here but I don't remember what thread it was.

Are there any easy in-daw tricks that will show the latency of a Reaktor ensemble?
ImageImageImageImage

There's a section about plugin latency in Molekular manual, IIRC. Basically, Reaktor doesn't report PDC it seems (could be way too complex depending on what is exactly loaded into it), so you have to adjust manually.

Coincidentally Molekular is one that does actually show the exact latency right on its gui, but with most effects ensembles it is a mystery to me.
I dont need it to handle PDC, and afaik its a 'known issue' that Reaktor doesnt/cant report latency of an ensemble back to the host. Im just looking for an easy way just to know the exact latency while I am using it.
ImageImageImageImage

Molekular displays that because it's actually programmed to do so...

?
Yes, I would assume that is the case. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Does anyone know if Christian Budde's VST Plugin Analyzer works for measuring the latency of Reaktor with an ensemble loaded?
ImageImageImageImage

AFAIK Reaktor won't add latency in any ensemble that doesn't use FFT.

This modification of EzFFT will show the latency for different blocksizes:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/6639/

Return to “Modular Synthesis”