I can't build a volume dynamics matcher in reaktor

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Envelope followers don't work because the volume differences between 2 audio signals can't be compared in how much volume the other sound has to go down in gain level or up in gain level to match the audio source volume dynamics. It should not apply compression like a compressor limiter, since i don't want clipping artifacts when the volume tracking is too fast. And compressors and limiters does not work if the input audio signal is too quiet. Infinite makeup gain would have to take place before compression/limiting happens. And only then the envelope follower will do what i want. But then i am stuck with latency that the compressor/limiter introduced because they attack that is longer than 0000 samples, because of the attack knob.

I am going to use this for tackling the modulation artifacts:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/10335/

Dynamics is not just about amplitude, it's also frequencies where they happen.
But it's quite simple to do the match. You will need to make two transient detectors, one for each input, then you do a transient detection between those two.

camsr wrote:Dynamics is not just about amplitude, it's also frequencies where they happen.
But it's quite simple to do the match. You will need to make two transient detectors, one for each input, then you do a transient detection between those two.
Should the volume averaging between the source and target audio signal be fast or slow?

Jedinhopy wrote:
camsr wrote:Dynamics is not just about amplitude, it's also frequencies where they happen.
Should the volume averaging between the source and target audio signal be fast or slow?
The speed effects how fast it will work, so faster is usually more prone to distortion, slower may miss something.

camsr wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:
The speed effects how fast it will work, so faster is usually more prone to distortion, slower may miss something.
Why has no one made a level gain effect in reaktor which automatically makes the lively volume dynamics of one audio signal to perfectly follow the volume dynamics of the other audio signal without making it quieter or louder than the target audio signals volume dynamics?

Have you tried Peak Rider? I think it may do what you want... But the issue with your request is Corellation. Corellation is "similarity" and if two recordings do not have similar dynamics at similar time, then the problem becomes more about statistics of each recording. So if you have two recordings, each the "same" but with variation of dynamics, the volume should be the same... unless there is something wrong with the process itself.

camsr wrote:Have you tried Peak Rider?
Peak Rider does not have infinite dB matching range. Maximal is 48dB.

Which should be plenty, unless you have some other use in mind?

camsr wrote:Which should be plenty, unless you have some other use in mind?
Do you know of a zero latency reaktor limiter that is both very fast and transparent without artifacts?

I could have a external envelope follower controlling the limiter ceiling knob.
The limiter/compressor would have to be feed 999999dB or quiet sounds will not reach the ceiling volume level, since it will always be easier to compress loud sounds than quiet sounds. Even the quietest sounds should be processed too.

Sorry I can't help, just offering some more traditional ideas.

Is compressor threshold the same as limiter ceiling?

Yes but a limiter has an infinite ratio.

I can't find a recreation of (fruity limiter) in reaktor.

So?

As per your last thread:
you know, you'd do a damn sight better in these threads of yours if you described exactly what you want to achieve, instead of always starting from some rambling, badly described process that you make up which always gets presented in terms of what it does not what its supposed to achieve.

No wonder you never get anywhere with these threads. You're always fixated on some arbitratry set of processes you think will work and expect someone to be able to hand you a plugin that follows that set of processes exactly. So everyone winds up spiralling into the usual pointless cycle of trying to second-guess what you're actually after, because your process doesnt actually relate to anything that exists, and its generally not the to way to achieve the thing you want to achieve. Not that you actually try and tell anyone what that is, you're far too busy responding cryptically or stupidly and generally making it as hard as possible for anyone to help you.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Modular Synthesis”