496 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from Foolish Shepherd = God

Postby Amram; Sun May 07, 2017 10:18 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

Yes
I ment the demo
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Sun May 07, 2017 10:21 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

I heard the demo , imo , today all the modern plugins sound much better than nord modular g2 .
not to speak about the virus ti .
even nord lead 4 that i have the keyboard ver .
the virus ti much better from nord modular g2 and nord lead 4.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

26052 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon May 08, 2017 1:36 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

michaelbrac wrote:I heard the demo , imo , today all the modern plugins sound much better than nord modular g2

I own a G2 and 'all the modern plugins' and disagree. Then again, Ive spent more than a day with them :shrug:

FWIW the demo isnt particularly representative of the hardware, since it is monophonic, monotimbral, missing some of the modules, and only runs at half the sample rate.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Mon May 08, 2017 8:43 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

Too bad they guy patch it didnt post the voice patch.
only 1 voice the g2 demo have.
He said he will patch it, but bad luck for us.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29539 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Mon May 08, 2017 9:31 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

whyterabbyt wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:I heard the demo , imo , today all the modern plugins sound much better than nord modular g2

I own a G2 and 'all the modern plugins' and disagree. Then again, Ive spent more than a day with them :shrug:

FWIW the demo isnt particularly representative of the hardware, since it is monophonic, monotimbral, missing some of the modules, and only runs at half the sample rate.

Exactly
Devastator
KVRer

22 posts since 23 Feb, 2013

Postby Devastator; Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:50 pm Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

whyterabbyt wrote:

No, it runs at the full sampling rate, the modules it is missing are mainly the FM ones and monophonic and "monotimbral" are not an impediment to sounding good (very much so when the synth in question can have a ton of different sound sources, filters, modulators and sequencers all in the same patch).
ghettosynth
KVRAF

11097 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:07 pm Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

In any case, if one really wants to use the demo, it's not impossible, you just have to treat it as an external synth. I personally don't think that it's worth the effort, but, ymmv and all that.
nix808
KVRAF

3568 posts since 22 Jul, 2006, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby nix808; Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:36 pm Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

+1 for Wren- it is prolly the same experience to using G2, only minor audio differences-
that will be good or bad only depending on taste,
and 1 module you might be preferent to Wren, and then to G2 in another IMO
AFAIK Wren is just as capable
___^O** *a light air is a gas___^O** *
http://www.phonicsaudio.com --- https://soundcloud.com/nix808/tracks
AudioTraveler
KVRist

32 posts since 4 Apr, 2015

Postby AudioTraveler; Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

nix808 wrote:+1 for Wren- it is prolly the same experience to using G2, only minor audio differences-
that will be good or bad only depending on taste,
and 1 module you might be preferent to Wren, and then to G2 in another IMO
AFAIK Wren is just as capable

As a G2 owner i couldn't agree more and would also say it has way more functionality than the G2.. And to clarify that G2 has 165 modules whilst Wren has 239.. For those that have an eye on Wren and are just waiting for stuff to happen, i suggest you don't wait instead use it and report the flaws/bugs or whatever it is that you find as problematic.. As one man simply can not think of everything and find all the bugs..

And for those that doesn't know what Wren is: http://bluehell.electro-music.com/wren/
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:59 pm Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

When i am loading file in :Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE , i am getting : "can't load file".
any idea?
i am on sierra 10.13.3 with wine.
gentleclockdivider
KVRian

1110 posts since 21 Mar, 2009, from gent

Postby gentleclockdivider; Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:21 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

Amram wrote:I heard the demo , imo , today all the modern plugins sound much better than nord modular g2 .
not to speak about the virus ti .
even nord lead 4 that i have the keyboard ver .
the virus ti much better from nord modular g2 and nord lead 4.

Dude , the virus can't even do feedback loops ., nor filter and osc audio rate .modulation .
The control /update rate of the virus is a bloody joke .
Nord modular update control rate is 24 Khz rate, and what's even better ...in the g2 all audio destination inputs are dynamic when modulating them , iow ..then can be updated 96Khz
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies
Mattt12345
KVRist

66 posts since 2 Feb, 2018

Postby Mattt12345; Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:35 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

I never would buy a G2 because of the sound. This is replaceable. Especially after 14 years.
But with the Hardware it is still the best solution to bring a lot of Modular parametres in one Controller.

But in the End, Reaktor Blocks are well integrale in Komplete Keyboards. If there would an impresive patch on G2. I would scan the libary on NI Komplete to find something similar.

The G2 is cool. I owned one and sell them for 950 Euro. I can not really understand that high price at the moment (3 octave without expansion)
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16763 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:48 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

The price is like that because of their scarcity, I'd assume. There weren't very many of them sold. Try finding a G2X, those are really rare...
Mattt12345
KVRist

66 posts since 2 Feb, 2018

Postby Mattt12345; Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:15 pm Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

rare parts... If something broken , the cards are bad for replacement.
I know from the Virus B(1999- 2004)
that where no replacement parts from the developer anymore. This was 4 years ago.

The G2 was released from 2004- 2009.
nix808
KVRAF

3568 posts since 22 Jul, 2006, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby nix808; Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:23 am Re: Clavia Nord MODULAR G2 SOFTWARE

It runs on Win10 with no compatibility mode,
on my desky anyway
___^O** *a light air is a gas___^O** *
http://www.phonicsaudio.com --- https://soundcloud.com/nix808/tracks
Previous

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Modular Synthesis