Recomendation on modular synthesis?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wanted to get a midi controller of some kind to use sounds within my DAW and was looking into buying a synth. I know some synths have LFO's and all these other kinds of oscillators that make these cool atmospheric sounds but wasn't quite sure what to get. I've only seen an Arturia Microbrute (?) before in person which inspired this purchase. The ability to get this super low-end that you can transform. I was looking at the KORG MS-20 but I'm not sure how to really compare the two pieces of equipment in terms of what I can or can't do.

Pretty much looking for something that gives me everything to play with and is a sound investment for the future and this particular synth has the ability to do more complex things in the future once I begin to understand it.

I also heard the Micro Korg was pretty good but I wanted to know if anyone has any personal experience with this stuff. Between polyphonic or monophonic I'd prefer polyphonic to play chords (I know the MS-20 is monophonic but I do have another cheapo $50 regular keyboard available if I need that I guess?)

I noticed it doesn't have a midi out so what would I miss out on? Thanks!

Man, you need to start from how much money you have in your pocket.

If you can handle it, i would go for Deepmind.

tross wrote: If you can handle it, i would go for Deepmind.
OP asked about modular synths.

The MS20 has midi out via USB, but only sends from the keyboard, not the knobs. The MicroBrute has 8 pin midi out and USB, but doesn't transmit midi from the knobs, only the keyboard.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”