VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

aMUSEd wrote:Are the Mutable ones not free anymore?
The port of released Mutable modules to 'Audible Instruments' is free. The port of new/unreleased Mutable modules (Plaits and Marbles so far) to 'Audible Instruments Preview' is $20.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

gentleclockdivider wrote:Can ayone help me out here .
I downloaded a bunch of free modules on the vcv rack homepage , directly installed and updated from within vcv rack
You maybe want to hit 'update plugins' a few times; I find it doesnt particularly do everything in one go.

thanks
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

whyterabbyt wrote:
The port of released Mutable modules to 'Audible Instruments' is free. The port of new/unreleased Mutable modules (Plaits and Marbles so far) to 'Audible Instruments Preview' is $20.
I hadn't realised when I bought plaits for $20 that you basically get access to all the previews, so when I logged in today and updated I got marbles free :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
I hadn't realised when I bought plaits for $20 that you basically get access to all the previews, so when I logged in today and updated I got marbles free :D
I think the plan is that once the Mutables go on general release the previews will be moved to the main Audible section (free). Andrew will correct me if I'm wrong.

Just a reminder that 80% of that $20 is donated to Direct Relief Humanitarian Medical Aid, so doint wait for it to go free- get the preview ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:Just a reminder that 80% of that $20 is donated to Direct Relief Humanitarian Medical Aid, so doint wait for it to go free- get the preview ;-)
Indeed. I was just adding some more info to the answers to Stephen's question.

Can someone help me out here .
The clock pulses from the midi module are way too short too effectively trigger an envelope .
Same happens with the autodave sequencers .
These pulses are so short that the envelope cycles directly to the release stage .
Eyeball exchanging

All pulses are standardized to be 1 ms long. https://vcvrack.com/manual/VoltageStand ... -and-gates There is no standard for this in Eurorack, but they are also roughly around this duration.

What type of envelope are you triggering? D envelope? AD envelope? If you're attempting to use the pulses as gates, you can do that, but you have to remember to set attacks to less than 1ms. Or, you can use an envelope generator that has a TRIG input, which holds the signal until the attack has reached full voltage before moving on to the decay stage.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

vortico wrote:All pulses are standardized to be 1 ms long. https://vcvrack.com/manual/VoltageStand ... -and-gates There is no standard for this in Eurorack, but they are also roughly around this duration.

What type of envelope are you triggering? D envelope? AD envelope? If you're attempting to use the pulses as gates, you can do that, but you have to remember to set attacks to less than 1ms. Or, you can use an envelope generator that has a TRIG input, which holds the signal until the attack has reached full voltage before moving on to the decay stage.
Just the standard envelopes .
If you trigger these with the clock output(midi 1 clock output)or the gate output of 'autodafes' stepsequencer (which uses the exact same duration as the clock output of the midi module ) , the attack/decay and sustain phases are omitted .

Also , I am having troubles controlling vcv as an effect ,processing is fine but sending gates/triggers or midi cc's from the daw doesn't seem to work .
All is set up correctly , vcv set to bridge 1 , midi 1 module set to bridge 1 etc..
No luck till now
Eyeball exchanging

vortico wrote:All pulses are standardized to be 1 ms long. https://vcvrack.com/manual/VoltageStand ... -and-gates There is no standard for this in Eurorack, but they are also roughly around this duration.

What type of envelope are you triggering? D envelope? AD envelope? If you're attempting to use the pulses as gate
FWIW, the sequencer modules he's talking about are calling the outputs 'gates' not 'triggers', so I think he's expecting a clock-related duration from them.

Confusingly, in the same set of modules, there's a 'trigger sequencer' which actually does seems to produce gates.

The only envelope that actually goes trough all stages is the 'bog audio 'envelope with a trig input .
All the others ommit the first 3 stages when using 'autodafe' seq.gate out or the midi module clock . out
It would be great if the standard envelopes also had a trig input , or some way to convert trig pulses to gates
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote:some way to convert trig pulses to gates
Install the HetrickCV modules. Try sending the trigger from the AutoDafe sequencer into the In-T and In-D inputs of a Hetrick Flip Flop module and route the FFT output to your ADSR Gate input.

gentleclockdivider wrote:The only envelope that actually goes trough all stages is the 'bog audio 'envelope with a trig input .
All the others ommit the first 3 stages when using 'autodafe' seq.gate out or the midi module clock . out
It would be great if the standard envelopes also had a trig input , or some way to convert trig pulses to gates
There are 2 or 3 modules that will convert triggers to gates and at least two clocks that have pulse width controls.

lnikj wrote:There are 2 or 3 modules that will convert triggers to gates and at least two clocks that have pulse width controls.
wanna name them? cos I couldnt find anything easily.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”