Modular software synth options?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

What options are there in the world of building synths and effects from basic modules as a plugin for Logic...

I have spent some time with Audiomulch but it's more of a stand alone application.

I'm not interested so much in patching up something like the Arturia Moog Modular type synths but just being creative and building original sounds.

Thanks

I'm not really sure what you are asking if you want to build synths and effects from basic modules but don't want to patch a modular synth?

A semi-modular ? Try Zebra maybe?

Something built from more complete modules as such? A combination of Mpowersynth and MXXX with the creative bundle maybe?

If you do want to patch a modular synth but not Arturia then Softube Modular, Reaktor Blocks or the up and coming (and free) VCVrack maybe?

Thanks for the reply.

I meant building from modules/components (if this is the correct language) rather than having a synth already built like Aalto that is semi modular... starting from scratch with a blank page.

Just wondered what the option are?

Hemmick Reef wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I meant building from modules/components (if this is the correct language) rather than having a synth already built like Aalto that is semi modular... starting from scratch with a blank page.

Just wondered what the option are?
OK. Softube Modular, Reaktor and VCVrack are good choices at the moment (essentially Eurorack based/themed). There are others - eg Oscillot in Max4Live, Mux Modular, Pulsar Modular (Moog like), even Plogue Bidule.

Wow thanks, some interesting synths in that list... I've never heard of.
Just listening to the Pulsar Modular videos which are impressive!

Worth noting that Pulsar Modular is for MAC / AU only at the moment. Many people including me are waiting for a port to Windows / VST. If/when it happens I will buy it in a heartbeat :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:Worth noting that Pulsar Modular is for MAC / AU only at the moment. Many people including me are waiting for a port to Windows / VST. If/when it happens I will buy it in a heartbeat :D
Well he did mention he's using Logic. :)

Other options:

Build a synth, then export as VST ( 32 / 64bit ): http://www.synthedit.com/

Modular: http://www.solostuff.net/solorack/

I forgot, if you want to go quite deep in then Audulus gives fairly low level access (and is available on IOS too).

masterhiggins wrote:
ATN69 wrote:Worth noting that Pulsar Modular is for MAC / AU only at the moment. Many people including me are waiting for a port to Windows / VST. If/when it happens I will buy it in a heartbeat :D
Well he did mention he's using Logic. :)
hmmm ..seems I missed that very important detail :oops: ..lucky him then! :tu:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

lnikj wrote:I forgot, if you want to go quite deep in then Audulus gives fairly low level access (and is available on IOS too).
I personally had some issues using it, not that stable on my system.
Of course ymmv, but how was your experience with it?

nordickvr wrote:
lnikj wrote:I forgot, if you want to go quite deep in then Audulus gives fairly low level access (and is available on IOS too).
I personally had some issues using it, not that stable on my system.
Of course ymmv, but how was your experience with it?
I have only used it on IOS and not extensively there either (I prefer to mess around on Model 15 and iVCS3 on my iPad), so I can't say how stable it is on the desktop.

MuTools MUX is a modular with a wide range of built-in modules (and the ability to host VSTs).

http://www.mutools.com/mux-product.html

1.aas tassman
2.reaktor
3.wusik 8000 (lacks FM or wait or wusik 8008)
4.melda MXXX (not totally modular)
5.zebra(may be)
6.vcv (thats my jam now waiting for the plugin now)
7.mux
8.some stuff by on vst4free just search for it
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Reaktor is really the best bang for the buck. Not only does it have everything you need to start making your own instruments, there's a nice user community library with lots of amazing instruments and effects.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Modular Synthesis”