Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25878 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11 am Not another Live 10 thread : MAX/MSP 8 on its way (and in Live 10)

So I thought I'd misread when I briefly thought the version of max/msp in the Live10 beta flagged itself as max 8.
Then I got an email from C'74 saying Max8 was on its way.

https://cycling74.com/products/new-max-version-8

Want to beta test max 8? Get Live 10.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
Tj Shredder
KVRian

713 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Outer Space

Postby Tj Shredder; Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:16 am Re: Not another Live 10 thread : MAX/MSP 8 on its way (and in Live 10)

Would love to beta test Max 8. Back when Max 7 went into beta, it was so short before the final release, they broke all my main working patches, I needed almost two years to follow up...;-)
I gave up on Live though, pure Max is my world...
Enkerli
KVRist

77 posts since 31 Jan, 2017

Postby Enkerli; Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:27 am Re: Not another Live 10 thread : MAX/MSP 8 on its way (and in Live 10)

Quite intrigued by Max 8. Any insight from those on Live 10? Now that it’s officially released, one might expect some news updates of some kind.

Will probably never buy a full version of Live, in no small part because Ableton’s priorities don’t align with mine. But rather curious about where Cycling ‘74 could bring things, how independent they’ll remain, if there could be any cutting-edge feature they’ll add to, say, help digital makers augment their setups through Raspberry Pi or Arduino…
pottering
KVRian

574 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Postby pottering; Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:02 am Re: Not another Live 10 thread : MAX/MSP 8 on its way (and in Live 10)

Not much info about Max 8 yet.

Live 10's Max For Live is marked as 7.9.x, more like an early alpha, it is pretty much identical to Max 7 in visible functions, had only "under the hood" changes.

Indeed I saw no real change besides a new icon and start screen, and some people in cycling's forum mentioning they couldn't find some old "objects" (kinda like pre-built functions in Max).

[fast edit: I'm not a Max MSP programmer, I just use pre-built stuff and lurk Ableton and cycling forums a bit]
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25878 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 am Re: Not another Live 10 thread : MAX/MSP 8 on its way (and in Live 10)

pottering wrote:Not much info about Max 8 yet.

Live 10's Max For Live is marked as 7.9.x, more like an early alpha, it is pretty much identical to Max 7 in visible functions, had only "under the hood" changes.

Yeah, I realised that not long after I'd started the thread, and, till now, I was absolutely positive I'd posted that here. Looks like I didnt, though or maybe it wasnt actually this thread, so Ive confused myself. (Either that or I imagined it, or the illuminati-mafia-papal-templar conspiracy had my post removed because shapechanging lizards)
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Modular Synthesis

FEATURED
48% Off
SpeakerSpeaker Modelling
by AudioThing
  $19.00
Add A Review My KVR
Was $19.00; Save $9.25 until 30 Jun 2018!
Renaissance Music Man: An interview with ARP co-founder David Friend
Advertisements