Need help from a Reaktor expert

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I'm working on a synth right now, as I'm a noob I borrowed different modules and actually creating some kind of Frankenstein monster
I'm using monark OSC but they don't respond to midi note
Could someone help? (I would send him/her the ens)

Cheers!
David

A screenshot should do, you don't need to send the ens.

Beware of the mess :oops:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnqiyygb01obn69/Capture.JPG

That's 2 monark OSCs+Vodka filter from the User database

Thanks for helping

Why aren't you using those blocks as they were supposed to be used? There's a reason they are encapsulated within instruments, ports all expect a certain value range...

In any case, it'd be because Pitch+Gate doesn't send correct signals. Use the Util-INT-Note In block instead to send the necessary signals.

I'm making a 3D skin (my real job) so I needed the big sound but not the shell
Thanks, I'll try what you told me

Gotcha. In any case, yeah, using the Note In block instead of P+G should work...

Nope, still not responding to midi
Could I abuse and PM you the ens?

I know you'r talking midi but, I'v had some issue using the midi pitch node to blocks.
In my case, the note was so low it seemed like nothing responded to midi in.
I multilied or divided (depending of going from or to) by 120 the note pitch data.
Anyway, Evil Dragon gave you the right advice.

Not working I'm afraid, tried both mult and Div by 120

Damn

Connect the blocks as they were originally intended to be connected and inspect data values on wires, so you know what you need to deal with.

It says:

Pitch: Input for controlling oscillator pitch. An increase of 0.1 equals a 1 octave increase in pitch (ideal for quantized signals from Pitch outputs).

You could probably offer to pay someone to debug this for you. Beyond that though the reason that people are probably not jumping to give you more direct help is that this smells like one of those good deeds that wouldn't go unpunished.

Point being, you don't really know what you're doing and it's going to take some work on your part to get past that. This isn't your tech support network, instead of just reporting tidbits of information, take the advice to heart and dig in a bit.

YOU need to figure out what the difference is between the signals that you are using and what is supposed to be there.

Totolitoto wrote:It says:

Pitch: Input for controlling oscillator pitch. An increase of 0.1 equals a 1 octave increase in pitch (ideal for quantized signals from Pitch outputs).
I said over the wire, not over the port :) Enable debugging in order to see values on wires (a little bug icon at top left of the structure pane).

@Totolito

the reason its not working is that you have taken the guts out of blocks
and put them into either an instrument or an ensemble
the blocks framework does not work in the same way as those
generally speaking, the blocks framework is Reaktor core based
so you really have three options:
1. to get your own UI just build using the standard Reaktor modules
2. build what you want in blocks and forget your UI
3. Study the blocks framework (which requires a working knowledge of core) and how it differs from normal Reaktor practice and then do whatever you like

all the best

dave

btw
the best manual/tutorial on core is in the NI manuals

Ok guys, thanks a lot
I indeed broke something when I took the guts out :)

I'm going to redo the osc uisng standard stuff

Thanks again, except for ghettosynth who seems to be on the condescending side

PS:
EvilDragon wrote:Enable debugging in order to see values on wires (a little bug icon at top left of the structure pane).
I didn't know about that. I got C0 = 0 and C10= 1
So I'd have to divide by 120 (normal pitch is 0-120) but when I do that It's still not working
This confirms I broke something in the Osc module.
Last edited by Totolitoto on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”