[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

When i change internal sample rate, my 'Fundamental" LFO rates change too.
Is it a VeeSeeVST/VCV Rack bug or a module bug ? :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:When i change internal sample rate, my 'Fundamental" LFO rates change too.
Is it a VeeSeeVST/VCV Rack bug or a module bug ? :)
You cannot change the internal sample rate, it is locked to the VST host sample rate.
Raising the host rate from 44.1kHz to 96kHz does not change the LFO rates (just tried that with the AS.TriLFO and Fundamental.LFO modules).

bsp804 wrote:You cannot change the internal sample rate, it is locked to the VST host sample rate.
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing:
The icon on top left of the UI, between "disconnect cables" and "toggle power meter".

You mean that part of the UI is non-functional in the VST version and i am not supposed to touch it ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing:
The icon on top left of the UI, between "disconnect cables" and "toggle power meter".

You mean that part of the UI is non-functional in the VST version and i am not supposed to touch it ?
There's an icon there ? Oh dangit. :ud:

(but yeah, you're right, that leftover actually allows you to override the samplerate after all..)

Ok, I edited my last post and even though I initially said I would not implement this, I was just too curious how it would sound.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

** August 11th, 2018
- add settings.json:"oversampleFactor" option (0,25..16)
- add settings.json:"oversampleQuality" option (0..10)
- add settings.json:"oversampleNumIn" option (0..8)
- add settings.json:"oversampleNumOut" option (1..8)
- oversample settings are also saved / restored with the patch
- oversample settings can be configured via the toolbar button menu
  • The default oversample settings are configured in "settings.json"
  • Resampling is performed by the "SpeexDSP" library
  • Setting the "oversampleFactor" to "1.0" will bypass the resampler (like in previous releases)
  • The "Internal samplerate" toolbar button menu lets you change the oversampling configuration on the fly
  • The last used oversampling settings are stored in the patch state
  • Interesting settings seem to be "x2 (high)" or "x8 (low)" (for a test patch that uses audio-rate pulse width modulation)
  • Any factor / quality setting higher than x8/low will most likely kill your CPU
  • The number of oversampled I/O channels can be limited
    • this makes a big difference at higher resampler factor / quality settings
    • for example, if a patch only uses a stereo output, choose the "0 in, 2 out" option in the toolbar menu.
  • It's also possible to _under_-sample the signals for some "delicious" lo-fi effects :party:
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-11Aug2018.7z

Very nice. :)
Thank you.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

LOOOOOOVING THIS! But i have an issue, i cannot resize the windows, i tried to change the setting on the settings.json file , but no luck. Any ideas?
Thx in advance

Are there any AHDSR envelopes in the library ?
I need one to simulate this on the bottom:
Yes, i know i could just overdrive and limit a normal envelope, but some direct control over that Hold time would be better.

Alernatively ADSR envelopes with trigger inputs for every timed phase.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

hlzdnb2 wrote:LOOOOOOVING THIS! But i have an issue, i cannot resize the windows, i tried to change the setting on the settings.json file , but no luck. Any ideas?
Thx in advance
Yes, you have to edit settings.json in order to change the window size, and this definitely works. Make sure you don't have multiple copies of that file floating around (i.e. you're editing the right one), and also make sure you don't use an editor that corrupts the file / converts it to an encoding that the JSON parser cannot handle (i.e. don't use the Windows notepad!)

Mutant wrote:Are there any AHDSR envelopes in the library ?
I need one to simulate this on the bottom:
Yes, i know i could just overdrive and limit a normal envelope, but some direct control over that Hold time would be better.

Alernatively ADSR envelopes with trigger inputs for every timed phase.
The DHE envelope stage modules can be chained to generate all kinds of envelopes.

Here's a video that I just recorded to illustrate this:
https://vimeo.com/284595236
"Demonstrates how to synthesize an 808ish bassdrum in VeeSeeVST Rack by using the DHE envelope stage modules to generate an ADHDR amplifier envelope."

Ahahaha, upstage, stage, hostage. Brilliant. :D

bsp804 wrote: The DHE envelope stage modules can be chained to generate all kinds of envelopes.
Thanks. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Question for the Reason users,
how do you go on about using the learn function to assign a control?

For example when i click to open the CV programmer on the VEESEEVEE_instr (vst), then hit Learn for CV 1 for example,
VCV will popup and i would think that i then have to wiggle a knob, lets say VCF cut-off of the VCF module.
And then that would be assigned to the CV 1 parameter of the VEESEEVEE plugin.
But when i wiggle the cut-off knob of the VCF module nothing happens, the CV 1 Learn function stays "waiting" .

How is this supposed to work, i thought this is how i normally do it.

thanks!
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

bionrg wrote:Question for the Reason users,
how do you go on about using the learn function to assign a control?

For example when i click to open the CV programmer on the VEESEEVEE_instr (vst), then hit Learn for CV 1 for example,
VCV will popup and i would think that i then have to wiggle a knob, lets say VCF cut-off of the VCF module.
And then that would be assigned to the CV 1 parameter of the VEESEEVEE plugin.
But when i wiggle the cut-off knob of the VCF module nothing happens, the CV 1 Learn function stays "waiting" .

How is this supposed to work, i thought this is how i normally do it.

thanks!
That would be how you would go about it, yes, but VeeSeeVST isn't exposing (named, fixed list of) parameters like Reason is expecting from a regular VST, so it's like there's no VST parameters at all coming from VeeSeeVST, from Reason's point of view.

You can easily confirm this, by using the parameter drop-down list (to the left of the LRN button) instead of relying on the Learn functionality. You see an empty list with just a "--- No Parameter ---" entry.

Needless to say that this is also why Remote and Automation won't work as well, when trying to control any of VeeSeeVST's (modules) parameters using those, besides the CV based modulation you're referring to.

koshdukai wrote:
That would be how you would go about it, yes, but VeeSeeVST isn't exposing (named, fixed list of) parameters like Reason is expecting from a regular VST, so it's like there's no VST parameters at all coming from VeeSeeVST, from Reason's point of view.

You can easily confirm this, by using the parameter drop-down list (to the left of the LRN button) instead of relying on the Learn functionality. You see an empty list with just a "--- No Parameter ---" entry.

Needless to say that this is also why Remote and Automation won't work as well, when trying to control any of VeeSeeVST's (modules) parameters using those, besides the CV based modulation you're referring to.
yes i seen that "---No Parameter---" and figured nothing was happening.
just wanted to be sure i am not doing anything wrong.
ok, so i guess will have to wait for this feature :pray:

thanks for confirming
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

btw, @bsp804: This is not a a serious issue (for me) but I wanted to mention it since I just noticed it.

To make the previous reply and while away from my usual setup, I installed veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-11Aug2018 minutes ago, on a VM (VMWare Workstation 14 Player) that I use to quickly check things with Reason 10.x and noticed that veeseevstrack's GUI window shows up with no text at all, just the graphical stuff and icons.

Checked the res/fonts and the 2 .ttf files are there.
Checked the log.txt file and there's a reference to loading (only?) 1 font file:

Code: Select all

[0.814 info src/window.cpp:599] Loaded font X:\Library\VSTs\x64\VeeSeeVstRack\/res/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf
Also, can't resize the window but everything else responds to the mouse, only with no text to be seen anywhere.

On a curious note, I had to turn touchInput=true to get a less "exponential" mouse behavior while dragging module controls :)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”