Create VST Distortion in SynthEdit?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Groovz, if you're looking for a distortion module, try Xoxos' one, I think it's called dist1 or something. It's got many modes, filter, and sounds really good, but has a moderate cpu usage.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Thanks whyterabbyt! Your'e quite right. I want to bake a cake, not buy one. But now he cookie monster has managed to bury my recipe question a page back in the cookbook.

Thanks RunBeerRun. I will take a look at that. I'm still interested Sonicfires distortion module, if I can get my grubby little hands on it. Bones comment("sounds f**king awesome!") and the low CPU make it sound very appealing.

whyterabbyt wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: No, I haven't missed it.
erm, yes you have. quite fundementally.
Simply, in the links I've suggested, it is sure that there are many other SynthEdit products far more recent. In the criteria, there is just need to add the Development environment as "SynthEdit".
Except this thread isnt about products that are already made in SynthEdit. Its about how to do something in SynthEdit.

Its about how to make a thing, not how to find something that's already been made. Its ''create distortion in synthedit' not 'find distortion plugin made with synthedit'. Get it?

Its like people were discussing how to bake a particular kind of cake, and you're saying 'hey you can find all sorts of cakes in the cake aisle at the supermarket', and arguing you hadn't missed the point.
Oups. Certainly a misanderstanding because english is not at all my native language. So... please accept my apologizes.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

In the yahoo usergroup under 3rd party modules - there is a SDK3 SEM called TD_SDA(my first SEM) , that has some of the basic building blocks of distortion. Not great on it's own, but useful if conjunction with other things. It depends really on the type of distortion that you want, for something like a guitar amp, you want multi-stages with lots of filtering inbetween, a little compression(power supply sag), noise + ringmodulation with a tri or sine (power supply bleed), and various other nasty things etc etc.

Hope this helps a bit.
Andrew

Return to “Modular Synthesis”