Query re Yamaha Hybrid Kit Kontakt Pack

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I've just installed the Yamaha Hybrid Kit for Kontakt. The PDF manual says that the mixer has two pages & 16 channels, with a tab at the top left to switch between them. I only see one page with 8 channels, and not all drums have individual channels (there aren't any cymbal channels). Is the manual wrong, or I am just not seeing the tab?

Thanks

John

PS in case you can't tell, I have never mic'd up a drumkit and have no idea if cymbals usually have their own mic channel or not! :)

PPS the ride *does* have a channel, sorry. The crashes don't.

In the absence of any response from Drumdrops, I did a bit more digging. Turns out I was reading the manual which I downloaded from Drumdrops *before* I purchased the kit. That manual was here...

http://www.drumdrops.com/uploads/hitpac ... -FINAL.pdf

... but as of 28 Oct 14, that URL no longer works. The PDF manual that came with the download does not include the sentence about the mixer having 2 pages & 16 channels. (page 24, both versions of the PDF.) So I'm guessing it was just an error in the downloadable manual. If the kit ever gets a 16-channel mixer, I'd like to know! :)

Hi John,

Thanks for the enquiry.

I'm afraid it would seem that you downloaded a version of the manual that included a typo in it. Apologies for the confusion. The Yamaha is only an 8 channel kit.

You wouldn't normally close mic the crashes in a traditional close mic'ed kit set up - instead the crashes are picked up on the overhead mics. Most of our kits are recorded this way as well.

If you want to have control of the level of the crashes, you can do that in the mic blend section. Just go to the overhead channel and then click on the mic blend section and you will see level controls for both crash cymbals. You can also change the level of the amount of room that you hear on the crashes by doing the same thing on the amb channel.

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks Ben, I appreciate the reply!

John

Return to “Drumdrops”