Crash reports from PrettyScope beta

Official support for: soundemote.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Plugmon ->

・Bitwig 2.0
・Live 9.6.2
・Reaper 5.25

Circumstance: Plugin crushes on load (instantly).
GPU: VMware Virtual SVGA 3d

Already posted in "confirm it works". This system confuses me :(

Windows 7, 32-bit

PrettyScope beta 32-bit VST2

On opening GUI VSTHost hangs and Reaper 5.40 crashes!

Core2Duo 6600, ~2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM,
AMD Radeon HD 6700

No use in testing other DAW's atm.

Z.

It crashed or freezed all the hosts I tried on my 9-years old desktop (gave up after 4 hosts): Windows 7 x64, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Redeon HD 4550

Must be the old GPU (it doesn't support newer DirectX versions, only up to 10.1). Couldn't locate any log.

pottering wrote:ATI Redeon HD 4550
That was released around the time my GPU was released. We will have to implement a log system to figure out what's going on.

pottering wrote:It crashed or freezed all the hosts I tried on my 9-years old desktop (gave up after 4 hosts): Windows 7 x64, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Redeon HD 4550

Must be the old GPU (it doesn't support newer DirectX versions, only up to 10.1). Couldn't locate any log.

I guess mine isn't supported either. :(

zxant, pottering, check the initial post, I added something helpful for you.

Thanks for that!

Results:

- WebGL demo runs without problems in Opera 42
- Oscilloscope 1.0.7 runs, no problems
- Oscilloscope 1.0.8 freezes :(

Same here:
"WebGL not supported" on Chrome, but I downloaded Opera and the web demo run on it fine
Oscilloscope 1.0.7 runs, no problems too, some phrase in Japanese and green smiley-like gfx
Oscilloscope 1.0.8, no sound nor gfx, freezed when I clicked on the gear button

The problem must be that PrettyScope uses some more recent openGL function. I could try to get a super-early build of PrettyScope which is more similar to the WebGL/Woscope code just to get another point of data on this crash. I'll get that to guys next time I get a chance.

Hmm... it might even be possible to have two versions of PrettyScope, one for older GPUs with a few less features.

I'm trying to try the plugin, but Reaper crashes as soon as I load it.
It passes the initial scanning and is available from the FX menu, but when I add it to a track REAPER instantly crashes.

My system:
Windows 10 64-bit
Reaper 5.40
i7 3770k
Intel HD4000 Integrated
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
VST Host/DAW: Acoustica Mixcraft 8.1, Cockos Reaper 5.40, Magix Pro X2, Synapse Orion 8.6
CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 @ 3.40GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400
Circumstance: When loading PrettyScope build 2 (32 bit version) in every DAW I've tried, it crashes and closes the DAW straight away.

The 64 bit version of PrettyScope also crash the 64 bit versions of these DAWs. It also hangs in Samplitude upon loading (have to force close using Task Manager).

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bits
VST Host/DAW: Ableton live 9.7 32 bits
PrettyScope Build #: 4
CPU: Intel quad Q8300
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT220
Circumstance: crash ableton after displaying the GUI, OpenGL 3.3 according to your log file.
Woscope - WebGL demo is functioning

OpenGL 3.3 is our target version at the moment. Your crash log didn't tell you what caused the crash? Will continue to work on this. :(

Circumstance: When loading PrettyScope build 5 (32 bit version), it crashes and closes the DAW straight away.
I'm sending the crashlog via email as it won't let me attach the crashlog here.

OpenGL version: 4.3

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
VST Host/DAW: Acoustica Mixcraft 8.1, Cockos Reaper 5.40, Magix Pro X2, Synapse Orion 8.6
CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 @ 3.40GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Describe the circumstances of the crash and list the improtant details ->

Operating System:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 1.80GHz
GPU: ATI Xpress 1250 (RS600)
VST Host/DAW: Reaper 5.4x64
PrettyScope Build #: 5
OpenGL Version: Unknown
Circumstance:

x86 Reaper reports "The following plugin could not be loaded". It no longer crashes a crash and doesn't write to the log.

x64 GUI draws but displays no scope patterns. It no longer crashes. The log states: "Error: OpenGL versions under 3.0 are not supported! (OpenGL version 1.1 detected.)"

Woscope reports "WebGL is not supported in this browser :("

I need a new graphics card. Any recommendations for a very cheap one?

Return to “Soundemote”